“Scottish food at its best”

Hootananny Inverness
Ranked #13 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ok I am very pleased to see the most traditionally Scottish bar in Inverness is at last selling great Scottish food... Never quite understood why a traditional Scottish bar had a Thai restaurant... But never mind lol!!
My advice : This is not the place to go for high class dining but more for a bit of banter, music and tasty food. The staff are fun and always helpful but if you want more upper class dining look elsewhere.
I don't say that in a bad way just its a different kind of dining to the Rockpool or The Mustard Seed for example.
The food we had was excellent. They do an amazing cullen skink, and the veggie haggis in pastry with whisky sauce is fab. Venison meatballs a must!!!
We visited on a couple of occasions recently and enjoyed some great traditional Scottish music sets. Chilled out and fun atmosphere.
In the past I frequented Madhatters a lot, for the best night out in Inverness (in my humble opinion)

2  Thank Marion R

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A good honest place with high quality food and drink that has music in the evening. Not my style of music, I was looking for something more traditional and fun but still worth the visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Didn't go for dinner here, but went out in Inverness for the night and this place was my very favorite, hands down! It doesn't feel touristy at all. Three floors with all different kinds of music makes this place a must, with something for everyone. The first floor had a great, lively folk duo, and the second floor was a really unique ska group-- not my typical kind of music, but I ended up really enjoying it! There were a lot of locals there (which I always take as a good sign!), but I wound up meeting someone who graduated from my (tiny) college too; they had come back to Inverness years after studying abroad in Scotland, and were making a stop at Hootananny's because they remembered it so fondly (something I hope to do myself someday). If you're looking for a fun place with great energy that has a lot of local flavor, Hootananny's is definitely a place to check out.

1  Thank C W
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Food was very good even though a limited choice. We enjoyed our few hours there and the service was great, the barmen and gave us a very good service. I do recommend this place :)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good food at good value prices, nice environment. All the areas are cleared up at 9 for music, but before that it's quiet enough to have good conversations with your food.