“Hovering between 3 1/2 and Four Stars but very tasty!”
Review of Jaipur - CLOSED

Jaipur
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 15, 2017

We go to a wonderful Indian Restaurant in Glasgow which has spoiled us for eating elsewhere - but we did for the most part enjoy our meal here, the quality of which hovered we felt between 3 1/2 to 4 stars. The space is pleasant and relaxing, and the service very good. There is also a wide choice menu and a good drinks menu. All the favourites are here, and you would be hard to please if you didn't find something you liked.

We started with veg pakora, and thought they were quite unusual, almost more like bhaji with veg cooked in a light and crispy batter. I enjoyed mine, but my husband felt they lacked spice and 'bite'. They did come tho with a dipping sauce which did have a little heat.

I then had a a chicken Jaipur with cashew nuts, and my husband had chicken jalfrezi. The chicken is cooked in a tandoor first and is very tender. We both had plain rice and naan to accompany. One naan was enough for two, and one rice portion is also plenty for 2 people.

One reason we marked the restaurant down was the sauces of our dishes were splitting, and were v oily. The taste was excellent however and I particularly enjoyed mine: we both simply avoided the oilier bits.

All in all, we certainly came away satisfied. The restaurant is also very reasonable, and our meal was about £60 with a bottle of wine. I'm unsure what the other Indian Restaurants are like in Inverness, but this is certainly a pretty solid and quite popular option.

Reviewed November 28, 2016

Our craving for some Indian food during our stay in Inverness got us here for lunch! The food here was extremely delicious!

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

Food was excellent as always, been coming here for about 10 years now. Whenever I am up in Aberdeen, great service, wonderful food and lovely surroundings

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Food was really good tasty n quite sizeable ! Staff were efficient friendly n the place was clean n comfortable ! We had dishes that were cooked reminiscent of India especially the dhal which my husband is quite fussy about !

Reviewed January 30, 2016

It is a great Indian Restaurant located near Loch Ness. The food was very delicious. The staff was friendly. Would definitely recommend it to others.

1  Thank karan17