“Nice food, the wrong food, but nice”
Review of Jaipur

Jaipur
Ranked #117 of 255 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Nice food, the wrong food, but nice”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

OK, so we fancied an Indian meal in Inverness and had asked our B&B host for recommendations. When we looked at previous reviews of Jaipur we knew we were taking a risk on the service but we figured it was early on a Monday night in October, couldn't be that bad! It was almost comical!!

There were 2 waiters on that evening both seemed to be wishing they were somewhere else. There were 8 people in the restaurant. Our order was taken and the order slip was then left on the bar for 10 minutes whilst the other orders were taken. I ordered the tandoori mixed starter, when the food came up there were starters for 3 different tables on the tray. I ended up being given the pakora mixed starter. I queried this with the waiter who realised he'd given my meal some someone else on another table. When the waiter asked to swap the gentleman said it was fine he'd keep the dish. The waiter then promptly ignored us and went about setting up other tables, when i called him over again he said he'd ordered me another starter. After 10 mins I decided to eat some of the pakora as i wasn't sure when my meal would arrive.
When it did arrive the food was lovely (as were the pakoras!).
we then moved onto mains. I ordered the saly chicken balti. When the food arrived I made sure the waiter said sly chicken balti when he put the food down. I didn't think it look like the dish i ordered (mine has shredded potato on it) but i figured it was there interpretation. The food was very nice, the were more chillies in the balti than i would have thought.
10 mins into our mains the waiter asked "Is everything ok with your meal?" when we said yes he then told me "Sorry you have the Chicken Jalfrazi not the balti, we have the right meal coming for you soon"!!! Honestly what a farce!
To be honest it was so comical i wasn't annoyed (i'd had 2 free dishes after all). The food was very nice, even that I didn't order. My tip would be only order 1 main course and you're likely to get one free.
To finish off the night of appalling service. 2 minutes after we'd paid the bill, our wonderfully apathetic waiter started resetting the cutlery on the table whilst we were still sat there, "could at least wait till we've left" i thought. He then realised that we had finished eating and he should have been giving cutlery to the couple on the other side of the restaurant who'd just arrived!

If you're happy to put up with the Fawlty Towers service at this place the food is actually excellent.

• Visited October 2013

Gairloch, United Kingdom
“extremely good value”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Really worth the effort of trying, not very busy so we were a bit dubious. That was unfounded as the food and service was very good indeed. Nothing was any trouble for the staff and they were very helpful with the menu and wine list. Both food and wine were exceedingly good, will be back soon!

• Visited August 2013
Sherwood park
“Good food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a night that they were not busy. The service was very good and the food was excellent, If you like Indian food I would recommend that you try it when you are in Inverness.

• Visited September 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fantastic Food, Slow Service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wasnt really looking for Indian but the man at the entrence was welcoming and it was cold outside. While they were quick to take our order, sadly the service was very slow. After what seem like an eternity, the food arrived and my god was it worth the wait. The food was absolutely delicious. Portions were big and typically I wouldnt be able to finish such a large portion but combination of the cold and lovely food meant I did. Wish they were quicker.

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Horrible Service!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Being Indians I and my family after a very tiring day had gone to dine at this Indian restaurant. The menu and prices are satisfactory but the service was pathetic. We were kept waiting for a very long time. By the time our food arrived we were even more tired and frustrated waiting for it.

Indeed a bad experience for me and my family.

• Visited August 2013