“Excellent! ”
Review of Indian Ocean

Indian Ocean
Ranked #77 of 255 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent! ”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Spur of the moment visit, definitely a wise choice.
Food and service both excellent. Definitely be back.

2 Thank Susan M

London, United Kingdom
“Very poor experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Attended a family evening out to the highly recommended Indian Ocean and was very disappointed to say the least. We ordered few vegetarian and couple of meat dishes and to our horror the sauces for all the dishes were same in appearance and taste. One of the dishes we ordered was a little spicy for my son so we ordered a plain raita, which took over 20mins to arrive and to make the matters worse we saw one of the waiters running across the local shops and purchasing a tub which no doubt costs less than a £1 and we were charged £2!! We also ordered rice which was not served despite being reminded but was added in the bill. A very terrible experience to say the least.

• Visited August 2014
Swansea
“Burnt Garlic”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Firstly I was overlooked as I was on my own when a family walked in behind me.

That was redeemed by the starter which was amazing. "chicken chat" it came with a lemon but trying to get the juice out of it was like trying to get blood from a stone.

The main course:
Chicken tikka masala
Garlic Rice
Peshwari Naan

The chicken was nice and tender and the sauce was nice but could smell a peanut/satay essence.

Then I tasted the rice. The garlic was burnt giving off a peanut smell and tasted awful. I sent my meal back it completely ruined my meal.

It wasn't just one slice of garlic it was the whole 2 cloves.

Had a refund and left with a horrible taste in my mouth

London, United Kingdom
“wonderful food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

the food took a while to arrive but when it did, it was excellent - friendly people, nice restaurant - good value

Visited July 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great choice in Inverness”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We visit several times a year and are always delighted with the quality of food and the service. There is a good choice of dishes, so it's always a tough choice between all time favourites and trying something new,

Service is fast and friendly with particularly kind attention given to chidren!

Just wished we lived closer and could go there more often!

• Visited July 2014