“Superb & Spicy Gourmet!”
Review of Indian Ocean

Indian Ocean
Ranked #86 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Pleasantly surprised by this restaurant as we walked by and decided to give it a try; really grateful we were recommended the best by the staff.
We loved the chicken tikka even as the appetizer. The pappadoms with 4 different dips/sauces were very good, my fav being the mint/cumin dip.
We had the prawns and lamb for main courses and it was superbly spicy; juicy & just to our taste!
Will definitely return for future meals here if we drop by Inverness again. Thanks and compliments to the chef!

1  Thank MsAzzie_LilinJ

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We've been working in Inverness for the last few month & have chosen an Indian meal at least once a week since we've been here. Although this does not appear to be the most attractive on offer as far as the eye is concerned the food here is absolutely delicious & the staff are very polite & friendly. I can fully recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We orders a few dishes and everything other than the rice was very bland no flavours and spices coming through at all, especially as I asked for one of my dishes extra hot! Quality of meat very poor too.

2  Thank Wineanddine84
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Good quality food and good value. Very welcome after completing the Loch Ness Marathon. It is very central as well with friendly staff. Would very much recommend dining here.

1  Thank stevensonag
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Like others I chose the Indian Ocean following recommendations on Tripadvisor. It was a Saturday evening short notice booking for a table for two, and although they didn't have a table for two, they happily gave us a table for four and removed the other two settings. We had starters and main courses and the food was excellent with the exception of the chapatis which were very dry. When I was asked if everything was OK, and I mentioned the chapatis, they apologised saying that the dough was very dry and the cost was immediately taken off the bill. This could happen anywhere and certainly would not deter me from visiting again, or prevent me from giving the Indian Ocean an 'excellent' rating.

The restaurant had good seating and decor and the staff were very helpful and attentive. There is no car parking outside, but there is always room at the large council run Rose Street covered car park which is only a short walk away.

2  Thank PhotoRon