“Enjoyable tour”

Tomatin Distillery Visitor Centre
Ranked #7 of 91 things to do in Inverness
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are 4 star visitor attraction: a Highland Distillery Visitor Centre with a range of tours and award winning whiskies available. We have a shop in which you can purchase Tomatin merchandise and various expressions of Tomatin, including filling your own bottle from one of our cask strength distillery exclusive whiskies. The Tomatin Distillery lies just 16 miles south of Inverness and 15 miles north of Aviemore on the A9 - extremely convenient for anyone travelling to or from the Highlands! We are open 7 days all year round! November-March 10am-4pm Monday to Saturday 12pm-4pm Sunday April-October 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Sunday Please contact us or visit our website for more information or to book your tour. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Just popped in on the off chance of having a tour. We were lucky and joined a coach party. Really enjoyed it. Fiona was very professional, the tour was interesting finished off with a wee dram of whiskey. It has a lovely display of whiskies in the shop and other gifts.

1  Thank Sirmone
Scott F, Manager at Tomatin Distillery Visitor Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2014

Hi Sirmone,

Fiona is a really valuable member of the team - her customer service skills are fantastic. We are glad you enjoyed the whole experience.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I will start by saying that I have never been on a distillery tour before, however I thoroughly enjoyed it!

We came over from Belgium and planned on visiting a distillery although we never decided which, but we have a bottle of Tomatin at home and it was on our way back from Inverness so we decided to stop by.

We were a bit lucky as we showed up at a random time and there were just 2 of us, however Hector took us on a tour anyway and it was great - very friendly, informative and the history of the distillery was very interesting. He was also able to answer all of our questions about the distillery/process! The tasting was also fun - we decided the 12yo was our favourite and we ended up buying a box of whisky glasses for my boyfriend's father.

Would highly recommend!

Hi Sophie,

We are really glad you enjoyed your first distillery experience and I hope it is now the first of many. Hector is a fantastic guide and his tours are first class.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I used to be a 'Glenfiddich man' until I went on the Tomatin distillery tour! Now I'm never without a bottle of the Tomatin 12yr old in the cabinet :)

1  Thank Metallimacca

Hi Metallimica,

Thanks for your review and I am glad you are now enjoying our whisky.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

What an awesome tour! I've never been a big whiskey fan but I'm now on my way to learning to love it! The tasting tour was really informative and insightful. Hannah our tour guide was amazing and super fun. Got to see a lot of the factory in a fun and friendly way. Much less sterile than other tours I've been on and great value

Hi Rachael,

Thanks very much for your review, We are glad you appreciated Hannah's tour - if memory serves me correctly I think this was one of her first in-depth tours, her knowledge is first class and we hope you can return one day.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very nice and friendly excellent range of products to satisfy any Malt Whisky drinker. one of the best Malts

Hi Cavaway,

Thanks for your review and all your fantastic support in Cyprus. We are glad you enjoyed your day at the distilelry.