“Quite big and nosiy, but excellent food and very good service”

The Rajah Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 258 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Quite big and nosiy, but excellent food and very good service”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This restaurant is not suitable for a romantic dinner for two - too big and nosiy for that. The food however, tastes wonderful. We had papadums, two starters and two veggie curries. Way, way too much, but really delicious. The waiters were quick and polite. We loved it!

linlithgow
“100% in all respects”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Myself and my son booked a table here on Saturday 18th May. The restaurant was mobbed but we were still seated at our allocated time of 7pm after being served with a drink in the bar area.

We ordered poppadoms which were served with an excellent tray of relishes. My son ordered Chicken Kurma which he declared to be the best he had ever tasted. I ordered my usual Chicken Dupiaza which most Indian chefs destroy by over cooking the onions. The Rajah cooked this dish to absolute perfection with succulent fresh chicken and onions which had a slight crunch to them.

We also had a pilau rice, chappati and naan bread that were all first class.

I would recommend this establishment to anyone who visits Inverness and the eating experience surpasses any that I have had in Indian restaurants in the Central Belt. It is 31 years old and is as busy and popular as it has ever been.

1 Thank dereklinlithgow
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
“Pretty much faultless”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

As per my title, I really couldn't fault this restaurant. The food, service and comfort in this place is a lesson for other establishments. Very much recommended.

1 Thank Graham M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant came highly recommended to us and we were not disappointed. I had the curry of my life here! The food was incredible, I would recommend this to everyone.

1 Thank catnjj
Reading, United Kingdom
“Very Polished!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

They do say that it's very hard to get a good curry in Scotland but this place proves everybody wrong! I was staying up in Inverness with some colleagues and of course beer, boys and a curry are an absolute requirement. prices are pretty fair and the food obviously freshly prepared. I asked for a particular favourite of mine that wasn't on the menu and there was not problem to have it. Busy early in the evening but not after 9-10pm. It's located under an old bank/post office building but you won't miss it!

Visited April 2013