“Excellent Value, pleasant meal”
Review of Chez Roux

Chez Roux
Ranked #50 of 268 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

For such a nice location, restaurant and atmosphere I have to say that Chez Roux is excellent value for money. We had a Christmas voucher which made it even more so for us but that was just a bonus. A warm welcome on the steps before we even entered, pleasant drinks in the bar, a leisurely ordering period and a review of the wine list (a weaker point as it was somewhat limited). The soufflé was light, the scallops a tad small but beautifully cooked. The mains were again nice. the venison judged superb though my bream had slightly soggy skin. Broad cheese plate (could have been better if the Brie and Camembert had had chance to warm up) and the desserts excellent - do try the signature lemon tart. All in all a very good meal and we look forward to another visit.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went for our Christmas lunch and expected a bit more for our money at £75 per person. The food was not great for such a special day . We had 5 courses , one of them been canapés, we literally had one canapé each. I didn't expect that when reading the menu and just felt a bit disappointed. The rest was ok but I feel we could have cooked better at home. I can't fault the staff as they were all lovely and the service was excellent.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We dined at the this restaurant the week before Christmas and the food and service were excellent. The souffle was to die for and all our main courses and puddings were excellent. The staffwere very attentive and it was so nice to see the chef come nad speak to the customers at the end of the evening. Will definately be going back there.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My Girlfriend and I had an excellent lunch at Chez Rouz. Food was of an excellent quality,presentation was top class and the attentive service made this a special lunch for us both. Hope someday to come back again.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very nice surroundings. Staff friendly and helpful. We had cocktail before dinner, and the service added to the nice experience. Staff were great, and food excellent. Third time I have eaten there,and look forward to my next time; definitely a treat. Works for a couple, and for business dinners.