“First class, friendly service and a lovely house - wish I'd been staying longer!”
Review of Culcabock House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Culcabock House
Ranked #109 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Southampton
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I wasn't expecting to stay at Culcabock House! I had booked another B&B in Inverness which then, because of a family event, transferred me to Culcabock - very efficiently and with lots of notice.

I was only there for 14 hours, but from the very first phone call to confirm my arrival to the moment I left, I was made to feel very welcome and important as a guest.

The room was spacious, clean and had great facilities and information about the local area. The bathroom was spotless and bright. The breakfast room also doubled as a room to relax or work in - I had some work to do in the evening and could use the table to spread out papers and laptop - and then relax on the sofa with Sky TV before going off to bed. (There was also TV in the room, obviously!)

My hosts offered good advice on a trip out in the evening, local live music, pubs and food and good views of the city and Loch Ness. They were very friendly, interested in my life and work, but not intrusive, and talked happily about their lives and experiences too.

Breakfast in the morning was fresh and delicious - Square Sausage included in a full Scottish cooked breakfast!

I would recommend the Culcabock unreservedly and, although I don't currently have plans to be in Inverness again soon, would certainly look to stay there again if I could!

What could have made it better? Not much really - perhaps free wi-fi as I needed to use my laptop - but it's a small point and not as important as the first-class welcome, great food and a wonderful night's sleep!

Thanks Jean and Tommy for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo