“Horrible experience”

Ranked #212 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Briancon, France
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I do not think we can treat customers this way. The sheets should be used for multiple tenants, I had to put towels under the heads of children so I was reluctant. The shower was dirty with hairs, and end this horrible experience, the breakfast was moldy jam, I have noticed the owners but that did not even shocked.
A French family very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank FrenchyTravellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed November 23, 2010

This was a tiny room, but I was so happy to find anywhere available, as I changed my plans and would remain two more nights in Inverness prior to traveling further north. Kenny was a kind host, and furnished a very nice full breakfast the first day. However, he would be away the next, and so the second day was a cold breakfast, but I was grateful. The floor needed vacuuming, but I found this the norm, rather than the exception, in my low price range (no higher than 30 pounds/night). The bedding beautiful clean, as was the bathroom. Heat going off in the night was something I hadn't counted on, but it was invigorating and healthy. Beautiful art and appointments throughout this well-loved home. Nice dogs. Oat cakes on the table in a tin, and Kenny also prepared sandwiches for me "to go," as I was leaving on a longish journey to Orkney when I departed. Awfully kind of him to "go the second mile" for me.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Edinburgh Scotland
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I went with my friend and her husband to Inverness and at the cafe next to the bus station the woman behind the counter advised us to try this guest house and told us if this one had no rooms available there were plenty of B&B's in the same area. I telephoned Kenny McKay the chef/owner/landlord and he said he could give us a single and a double room for £30.00 pppn B&B. His house is wonderfully quaint with lots of nicknacks and antiques.
The rooms were small but spotless and very comfortable and he had thoughtfully provided sweets in a dish beside the beds and toiletries in the en-suite bathrooms. He advised us on the nearest eateries for dinner and even said we could bring back a carry out meal if we wanted. In the morning we went down for breakfast and my goodness what a feast. 3 different fruit juices, fresh fruit salad, yoghurts, cereals and the tables set with lovely table cloths and pure linen napkins. Kenny arrived to ask if we wanted tea or coffee and would we like a full scottish breakfast which we all took after our starters. Toast was in plentiful supply as was the breakfast which had sausage, bacon, egg. haggis, black pudding and potato scone in fact he asked my friends husband if he would like 2 eggs. Kenny advised us on what he thought would be the best way to visit Culloden and telephoned a taxi for us to take our luggage to the bus station as we were moving on to Fort William from Inverness. All in all a very pleasant gentleman who has a house to be admired and a breakfast worth the money.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Nottingham
Reviewed October 5, 2009

This place was recommneded in Rough Guide- im not sure if that is based on any reality?! The owner takes a cant do approach and gives nothing away. It has a very traditional time warped feel and look and the rooms are just about OK. What bugged me the most was the inflexible and coudnt care less approach to providing a service. I had to be away early- about 7.15 to 7.30 to catch the bus to Ullapool, which meant being up too early for his breakfast times. He reluctantly offered to provide milk and juice so at least i could have something as he wasnt going to get up . Guess what- there was nothing provided and noone about. Result - i paid over the odds for an Ok room with lousy service and no breakfast. Go somewhere else, as this place gives the hospitality industry a bad name....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank kentishman58
PDX
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I booked a tour with Rabbie's and as part of the service, they book your lodging preference. So, I was not aware of the actual establishment until arrival. S

Several people in our tour chose the en-suite B&B option, as did I, and all of the B&B's were clustered in the same part of town. This place and the owner freaked me out. The room was filthy, the towels were disgusting and likely had not been washed since the previous tenant, there was mold in the shower, the breakfast was disgusting and the owner lectured my friend and I on the actual cost of the china he served breakfast on.

I would spend more money to stay anywhere else in Inverness. And, I am not even picky usually!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
victoria
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Found this B&B on the Web. The host was friendly and casual but not forthcoming of info. For example, we asked about parking on the street and he said it was safe. However only later when we noticed the no parking sign from 9am to 5pm and ask did he confirm that the car would need to be moved by 9 am because there was a high likelyhood to get ticket.

The room was what you would expect of an older/dated B&B. However there was mold in the shower. The breakfast was good and the host did opverally very well to do the breakfast in time for 5 different tables.

During our travels some of the B&B we found were less expensive and by far superior on all levels. Not sure if the price is what standard for the region/town of Inverness but I certainly found that 70 pnds was pricey for what we got. We would not go back nor would we recommend this place

JP & CV