“An unexpected but delightful stay”

Macdonald Drumossie Hotel
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Having been grounded in Inverness as a result of poor weather I recently had the pleasure of a nights' accommodation at the New Drumossie Hotel. What a wonderful night it was. Despite having to accommodate a large number of islanders, the hotel staff organised a super evening meal. The food was beautiful and the service outstanding. A bedraggled group of travellers in need of toothbrushes were superbly accommodated. In the morning the first batch of islanders, having to leave at 5.15am were assured a continental breakfast prior to departure, those of us lucky enough to be leaving at a more humane hour were treated to a beautiful cooked breakfast.

I highly recommend the Drumossie if you are looking for a luxurious experience. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We had an unexpected last minute overnight stay at Drumossie House and it was well worth the trip! . It was my first visit to the area and found the hotel very easily it's well signposted from the road. Friendly efficient check in at reception, reserved a table in the restaurant and the waitress kindly let me take a copy of the menu to my room to have a sneak preview while we got ready. We were met at the door by Sinitta who was really welcoming and friendly. After we ordered we were pleasantly surprised to get a complimentary Amuse Bouche of Hot Smoked Salmon Bisque and Black Pudding Bon Bon which was delicious and very well presented. My starter was My starter was Pressed Foie Gras with pea and mint purée & toasted homemade brioche. OMG it was amazing!! Best I've had without a doubt. My other half had. Crayfish Tails, Prawns, Whisky Marie rose, confit vine tomatoes, baby capers& oatmeal bread. Both of us had for main course... 8oz Aberdeen Angus Ribeye Steak, mushroom ragout, Pont Neuf potatoes and pepper sauce. Both cooked perfectly. Cheese board for dessert for me and sorbets for Lau. We were absolutely stuffed after the meal. Sinitta was really friendly and chatted away to us and made us feel really welcome. After the meal my girlfriend asked if she could take the Head Chef Kenny home his food was that good! Your welcome to her chef!!
Anna at breakfast is well worth a mention too. Very pleasant start to the day. We will definitely be back. Soon hopefully...

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Bermudastylee
Reviewed February 2, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Decided on a last minute break and chose the new drumossie hotel for a weekend away! On checking in we felt so welcomed and shown to our room. Very spacious, large bathroom and a bed that was fit for royalty! Myself and wife headed down to the lounge for an afternoon tea and my word were we in for a treat! It was served on a three tier cake stand with so much to chose from and all so delicious, the scones were the lightest we ever had and so fresh definately better than what we have had at a Michelin star hotel just out of Inverness. We decided to stay in for dinner and were well looked after in the restaurant. Even though the hotel has quiet we felt not too fussed dining with just another couple. We were told that our chef was from South Africa and hats off to him. We love food and he definately was and is applauded for an outstanding meal we have ever had!!! Definately a chef to watch in the near future! Overall we will be coming back for another weekend and for more afternoon teas! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

was treated to a week-end away by my brother and his wife for my birthday in november but didn't get away till january 2013 had a great time at this hotel staff were excellent and very friendly breakfast choices were great plenty to eat and very hot

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were married here on 1st December 2012, and from the minute we decided that it was one of the venues that we were going to consider – they were absolutely amazing!

Nancy was brilliant, any questions that we had, before and after we decided that the Drumossie was the place for us, were answered so efficiently and helpfully. So much so that I had a little panic in the summer time when I found out that our booking would be managed by a new team but I needn’t have worried because the transition was seamless, and the efficient and friendly service continued through Sheena and Clare.

Fiona in reservations also did a great job – we had almost the whole hotel booked out for our wedding weekend and she was great at keeping control of the bookings and the switches between nights! Well you can’t stay with your groom the night before your wedding – you have to stay with your girls! The honeymoon suite was spectacular, although in saying that, all of the bedrooms were lovely, each room is individually designed and beautifully maintained.

On the actual weekend of our wedding, I can’t begin to say how fantastic the team were – every little detail had been thought about – and the hotel just looked and felt amazing. It was as though everything had just happened by magic! The halls were dressed, our photographer was there, our band was set up, the list goes on, but testament I’m sure to the great working relationship that The New Drumossie Hotel appears to have with local suppliers.

Nothing was a problem for the team and I honestly believe that they were a huge reason that we could relax and enjoy the run up to our wedding. Their attention to detail was incredible – I mean they even saw to fix a spelling mistake for me in our table plan!

Each of our 120 guests were all served the most amazing meal at exactly the same time and the compliments and praise for our venue just keep on coming from guests! Who just like us felt incredibly looked after and welcome.

Our wedding ran like clockwork, and that was all due to Duncan keeping us on track in a way that didn’t feel intrusive or as though we were being rushed. In summary, our wedding was just co-ordinated with the utmost of professionalism. We couldn’t have asked for a better Master of Ceremony, or a better hotel in which to have hosted our winter wedding.

Thank You! You have done us and the Highlands proud – it was just magical!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura G
Reviewed January 13, 2013

After our original accomodation fell through we found this hotel at short notice on a good deal on booking.com. Hotel is a little out of Inverness but in a nice setting, very modern & decor is very warm & modern. Can see that they cater for a lot of weddings & events. The hotel was very quiet only a handful of guests, though they had a large event on the Saturday evening but our room was quite sound proof so were hardly aware.

We had an executive room facing out on the front of the hotel. The room was very comfortable, excellent size bathroom with walking shower & bath. Tea & coffee amenities, TV had a few satillite channels. Bed was quite comfortable & good size.

Service in the hotel was very good & the staff very attentive. Breakfast was very good, good quality & the cooked breakfast was excellent. We also had a meal in the restaurant, it was priced reasonably, I had venison & my husband had steak, both tasted really good.

would definately recommend & go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple