Macdonald Drumossie Hotel
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Had a wonderful time at my friends wedding this week and just had to share my thoughts. The food was excellent the staff were attentive and the atmosphere was relaxed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a wedding the grounds are lovely and private. I am planning to book a wee break away next time I plan to go to Inverness. I will be booking in to try out the acomodation soon!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julie C

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were at this hotel last weekend, wow what a beautiful place the hotel was so lovely for a wedding and the grounds were lovely, food was very good and I would recommend anyone who is coming to this area to book this place

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank elizabeth451
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of August. When we arrived we were given the key to room 300 and what a room!! It has the circular window that you can see from the photograph. It had a 4 poster bed and an enormous bathroom. The only thing that was missing was perhaps a safe to put valuables in. It was very quiet and not too far from the centre of Inverness. We had our evening meal in the restaurant twice and it was superb, breakfast was again of a high standard.
Overall, we would have no qualms about coming back here, the staff were all very friendly. The hotel seem to cater for a number of coach tours but there was never any hold ups when dining.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelmad5452
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at the New Drumrossie Hotel this summer where I also attended a wedding. Food, room and service was to a very good standard and I would recommend to other people. However when checking out some items were added to my room service bill by another person and I had to pay for the items that I did not purchase. They need to address their room service policy as anybody can purchase items by just stating their room number.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Iwan P
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here recently for a wedding. The hotel is in a lovely setting. We paid a special wedding rate of £160 which is still very expensive particularly as we had to stay 2 nights. Some of the staff were excellent and very helpful and others were not at all e.g. not moving linen trolleys out of the way in a very narrow corridor to let a buggy past. There was not even a box of tissues in the bedroom for that price. We asked for a banana at breakfast to give to our baby, but 'the kitchen didn't have any bananas' which I find very hard to believe. You also have to pay a £2.50 supplement for a very small amount of smoked salmon at breakfast. I would not rush to stay there again - I don't feel the cost is at all justified.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cad16
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed for one night. Room quiet,spotless, spacious and comfortable. Staff fantastic, they are professional yet maintain a nice comfortable atmosphere.
The real surprise was the food. What an absolute treat. Just delicious.
Highly recommend. Yes expensive, but worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weekendsaway
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night and the price was reasonable, the room was excellent and the breakfast was perfect (no grease etc.). Furthermore, the Breakfast Supervisor Anna from Ukraine was outstanding attending to everyone's needs without any requirement for people to call upon her. My wife is an ex Silver Service Waitress having worked in some very good hotels in the past. Anna was excellent and just didn't miss a trick. Superb hotel and we will be back to stay again.

Room Tip: We used 'Late Rooms' on a Thursday and the price was reasonable. It might be a little expens...