“Best dining of the month”

The Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 255 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small family run restaurant along the River Ness. We are a family team with over 12 years experience in the hospitality trade. Our restaurant reflects our passion for excellent Scottish fayre. We offer lunches, high teas, early evening and a la carte meals with a selection to suit all tastes.
Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Canada
“Best dining of the month”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This pretty little restaurant is tucked away longside the river and turned out to be the best meal we had during our month long trip throughout Scotland. The calamari starter was crispy yet not overcooked, the rack of lamb melted in your mouth and was wonderfully spiced and the Caranceich (?) we had for dessert was absolutely delicious. The custard was smooth, the raspberries just tart enough and the spun sugar tower was just the right topper. The young lady serving us was terrific. This is a must visit place to go for a meal.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lois K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Mur-de-Barrez, France
“What a find through Tripadvisor”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's only small and you might need to book but the food was excellent with a good choice on the menu. Very friendly staff and reasonably priced. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Max W
Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent High Tea”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I went The Riverside Restaurant for a high tea, it was the best fish I have tasted in ages, really fresh and tasty, the cakes that followed were so good also, a nice touch that the scones were warmed for us also.
Such a cosy setting and great service, will be back soon.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank gibson685
Aberdeenshire
“A Hidden Gem - Excellent Gluten Free”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited after noticing that they had many GF options on their menu. When I called up to book, I mentioned I was GF and they could not have been more accommodating. The lady I spoke to mentioned a lot of options and how they could adapt things on the menu to suit.

They put out complimentary GF bread too which was a nice touch. I had the mussels and monkfish which were absolutely delicious! My friend had the pate and salmon and she was also very impressed. We didn't think we could manage a desert but we were too tempted!

It is a lovely and small restaurant so you do feel very well looked after by the welcoming and friendly waitresses.

This place really is well worth a visit, I couldn't recommend it more!

I can't wait to go back with my husband.

1 Thank LL_Apple
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great view.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped off here at the end of a day-trip to Loch Ness. The food is modern Scottish, with an emphasis on fish and seafood, For starter I had beetroot smoked salmon and my partner (man) had seared scallops with potato rostis and black pudding. I then had venison saddle served with mango and mediera jus and my partner (MAN) had seabass served with a prawn and pea risotto. Each course was tasty, well presented, in good proportions and well seasoned.

• Visited October 2013