“Lovely little restaurant with great food”

The Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 270 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run restaurant along the River Ness. We are a family team with over 12 years experience in the hospitality trade. Our restaurant reflects our passion for excellent Scottish fayre. We offer lunches, high teas, early evening and a la carte meals with a selection to suit all tastes.
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Had dinner here at the recommendation of the managers of Kiloran Guest house. Restaurant had a cozy ambiance and the food was excellent. Seafood entree was very nice and for main, I had a steak., Being an Aussie I am pretty spoiled in the steak stakes, but this one was really tasty and great value for money. Wife was also very happy with her meals.

1  Thank Robert G

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Truth be told, I confused this restaurant with another that also had River in its name. The restaurant is cosy and service was excellent. How they remain in business serving the toughest lamb and beef in our experience is a mystery. We watched other diners coping with the same issue. Perhaps other menu items are exceptional.

1  Thank goer33
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Used trip advisor during our weeks stay in Inverness to find the best places to eat and decided on the River Cafe half way through the week. WHAT a find. A small restaurant, but with fab location right on the river. The menu choice for evening meals was fab, and a good selection of special toos. Portion sizes were big, we only had a main and could just about fit in dessert (which were few but absolutely scrummy!!!!). We ended up eating there 3 times out of 7 in the end as it was that good, and averaged at £45 for 2 mains, 2 desserts, 2 drinks and a childrens meal. You MUST sample youself when staying there....knocked the spots off the other good restaurants we sampled If going at weekend, best to book due to limited capacity.

4  Thank Whitteclan
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Went for dinner, 2 courses plus 2 drinks (wine) £52

Massive portion sizes, our starters almost filled us up, our mains finished us off :->

Great friendly service could not fault them at all, very cosy atmosphere.

Would recommend booking in advance as quite small.

In conclusion would def go back

2  Thank mgill910
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I went for lunch on recommendation from a friend and I'm glad I did. I had the best risotto of my life. All the food tasted great. It is a small place, and a little dark. This could be to some people's taste or not. I'll definitely choose to eat here again, the evening menu looked delicious.

1  Thank dove1403