“Great Room, Great Breakfast, Great People.”
Review of Springburn Lodge

Springburn Lodge
Ranked #90 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is not what you expect to find. It is tucked away from the road but not too far from the town. The room that I had was a good size and vey clean with a large balcony over looking green fields. The building is very modern in a spanish style and like no other in the area. The breakfast was very good and the owners are very warm and made me feel welcome. Nice to find such a good place to relax.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have better veiws.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JetmasterDerbyshire

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at Viewbank for three nights in March 2013. The room was clean and comfortable with coffee, tea and biscuits topped up every day. The B&B wi-fi didn't work, but I did get a good strong BT FON wi-fi signal instead. I had use of the swimming pool to myself which was nice. The breakfast was over in Springburn Lodge. Excellent buffet breakfast with a wide range to choose from. Friendly staff too. The B&B was excellent value for money. My only criticism was that the room was fairly cold at night although there were extra blankets available in the room. Would I stay here again? Definitely!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here last Wednesday night (Feb 2013), got a room with a full balcony. Got exclusive use of the swimming pool, perhaps because of the time of year, it suited us fine! Breakfast was great- basic- but excess of everything. Slightly ruined by the Jeremy Kyle show being shown on TV.

Room was excellent, large bed, pillows in excess! TV and freeview worked fine. The shower was one of the best showers I've had.

The owners are lovely and welcoming, even the cleaning lady greeted us with a cheerful "good morning".

They need more snacking/late night feast options. Only drinks available,and on request.

4 Stars as it wasn't easy to find. Nor was our special request acknowledged. But this is no biggie.

Will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for the Macallan room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed just one night at springburn lodge and our only regret was we had not booked a longer stay . . We booked for shopping purposes as its a short commute to Inverness and left feeling relaxed and well rested . . . The rooms are large , comfortable , clean and full of all the little extras that make an overnight stay a pleasurable one . . . The lodge offers great value for money with loads of luxurious extras , we loved the swimming pool and games area . . . We would recommend the lodge for a lovely weekend away it's a great central location and a gorgeous retreat to return to . . . Hope to return again soon

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank AmandaFortwilliam
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went on a last minute trip and finding a modern place with a pool was great. I even called to confirm which building was being booked as we could see on the website another house on the land was also used which wasn't to our taste.

On arriving we are taken to the old house which we hadn't booked (I can only describe the smell as disgusting like a nursing home) and the lady leaving us in the car park because the manager was out because I voiced that this wasn't what we booked.

As the manager returned he basically told me take it or leave it and closed himself in his office. I find this absolutely appalling especially coming from a service background. We are still waiting on a refund and will definitely not be back. In case anyone else is deceived the pool is not what it seems in the pictures, its in a shed in the car park.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed here for my birthday, 3 nights dinner bed and breakfast.
Firstly tucked away just outside Inverness but simply stunning, we couldn't have asked for a more luxurious hotel with seperate indoor pool, even a small chapel in the grounds.
Rooms were gorgeous luxury shower and a balcony to see the sunsets. Food was lovely but the hosts made this feel such a personal place. Excellent location to see all of the Highlands, East or West and only 15 mins from Loch Ness, check your map for shortcut instead of journey through city.
We will stay here again as soon as we can.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This place is REALLY lovely. Only stayed here 1 night with my wife, having delivered goods just up the road in my truck. Arriving late was no problem, welcoming host, excellent decor and top of the range fittings. Large bedroom and bed, undercover balcony with view beyond. Good food. What else do you want. Good price too. I really would like to spend more time here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
Lovat Arms Hotel
#6 of 11 in Muir of Ord
Ornum House
Ornum House
#1 of 10 in Beauly

Been to Springburn Lodge? Share your experiences!