1,463 results
All reviewsfree moviesfree pool tablereception barmodern hotellarge tvtrain stationcentral locationwalk in showerbusiness tripone night staywould stay againtoiletries
Reviewed November 1, 2017

Hi, just a quick note to say I found my stay at the Pentahotel, Inverness very enjoyable. Rooms were immaculate, Shower etc all in working order. Slept well. All Staff Friendly and very Helpful, Food was delish! I was in Inverness for work and felt very comfortable on my own in the Hotel. I would defianately recommend it to others. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Zsolt J, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Dear Guest,

thank your for your most amazing feedback, we are delighted you had such a great stay with us! We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Penta Inverness for two nights and my first surprise was when i was told it was £10 per day for parking (theres a car park across the road that charges £7 for 24 hours so this baffled me and we used that one instead obviously). We checked in fine and were given an iron that we requested straight away as we were headed out for dinner a half hour after checking in. The room was nice, spacious and modern with a comfy bed. Although, when we entered the bathroom it was another story. Our towels had basically been tossed onto a shelf and the wall surrounding the shower had come away all together! A huge cracked peice of the wall, showed the underlying foundations and the floor to the shower was also the floor to the rest of the bathroom (this proved to be really annoying when actually using the shower as the entire bathroom then flooded).
When we headed out to dinner, I stopped by reception to mention the wall in the bathroom as I didnt want it being held against us as damage, so I spoke to a foreign man at the bar who misunderstood my conversation for needing directions to the bathroom? When he did eventually pick up on what i was saying, he replied "ah yes, we're aware of the damages in some of the rooms" .... So its not just ours and why hasnt something been done, his nonchalant attitude did concern me slightly.
When we came back from dinner, we had a drink at the bar and i found the lounge area very nice and comfortable with a lovely atmosphere although the drinks were rather expensive.
Breakfast wasnt included in our price (£90 a night - which I felt a little steep for just the room but I know in Inverness this isnt suprising) so i cant comment on the food. We did also find that there was a severe lack of plug sockets in the room also, making charging our phones and using laptops etc very tricky.
I really dont know if i'd be back as during previous stays in Inverness, I have spent either the same or less money but had so much better an experience with breakfast included (and not been stung for parking). This is a shame as first impressions of the bar and staff were off to a good start and I had been intrigued by the hotel for a while now.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Zsolt J, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Dear Allyson,

thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us. Next time please try our breakfast, it is fabulous! You may wish to check available bed and breakfast rates, or contact us directly for the best offers!

I hope you visit us again, and if you do so, please get in touch prior to your arrival and we will do our best to get you a room that is to your liking!

Zsolt Jakri

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

I regularly stay at the Pentahotel throughout the year. It is a little quirky with the checking in at the bar, but once you get your head around it, there isn't any issue (it isn't like you have to queue behind lots of bar customers). The rooms are OK and clean, the staff friendly and the food good. The location is good too being a couple of minutes from both the train station and the town centre.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Zsolt J, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Dear Guest,

thank you for your fantastic feedback, it is always good to hear from regular guests. When you visit us again, please get in touch with me - I would be more than happy to find out in detail if there is anything we could improve to get the top marks from you!

Zsolt

Reviewed October 23, 2017

The hotel was lovely and our room was clean, satisfactory and I have no complaints there but unfortunately I was very disappointed to find out on arrival the hotel had overbooked. This was the first time myself and my partner has spent a weekend away together. It was a treat from myself to her for a special birthday as you can imagine twin beds is not what we were expecting. I chose this hotel as I wanted a luxury treat, so did not book a budget hotel, the overbooking situation was a big let down.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Zsolt J, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Guest,

please get in touch with us on zsolt.jakri@pentahotels.com and we will find a way to get the double/twin bed issue right!

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Is this venue a hotel, bar, a night club or what.
I make this assumption because I cannot work out the business plan of the establishment.
Having previously own a hotel for 8 years I feel I can make a judgement.
Upon entering the venue there is no reception to book in, just go to the bar. We had trouble booking in as they said that booking. Com had not sent through the booking, upon asking other hotels I have since stayed at they all tell me that it is instant confirmations.
We were given a room & asked to come back in over 1 hour as it should be through.
The red lights in the bar & surrounding areas are a real put off, the burning candles, why!!
The curtained off kitchen area, again why, if they cannot see it the will not use it???
The room was acceptable, clean, firm bed. The bathroom wall will need some attention very soon.
The shower was hot, but the on a couple occassion I was hit with a cold streak.
The pillows need some attention, stay a night a Premier Inn Hotel & experience what I am saying.
The cost for 2 nights was a little excessive at £178.00 with no breakfast.
Overall there is something not right with this venue, no guidance, no business plan & at no time did I see a manager running the show or giving some direction to all of the staff.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bob l

Dear Bob,

thank you for your review. We hope you visit us again and if you do so, please come and ask us about what penta is all about! We are pleased you enjoyed the room. Next time try our breakfast, it is absolutely fantastic - and it is not a 'kitchen' but our breakfast buffet behind the curtain.