Let's start with the location; pretty central (200 metres to the river, 500 to the Castle), and two doors down from the (inappropriately named) Gentleman's Club. It's not a great street but walk two blocks and the environs improve. Now for the property itself. What hits you when you walk in from the street are the flashing, glitter disco ball lights, neon strobes and nightclub decor of Reception. Which is also the Bar. And the Restaurant. Can't imagine relaxing here for an evening cocktail and very few were. Maybe the locals like it. We beat a hasty retreat to our room, where a modern, somewhat austere welcome awaited us. No fridge, no wardrobe (hanging rail & hangers instead) but one enormous TV. Positives: free wifi, free pay TV, tea & coffee making facilities. Negatives: ineffectual shower, cheap amenities (can't stand being given a mini tube of shower gel in lieu of soap for sink and shower). But the decider on providing a 2 rating was the bed. It was a tiny double with a lumpy, low mattress and large, uncomfortable pillows. No top sheet so it was duvet (too hot) or nothing (too cold). Given that the main item one uses in a hotel is the bed, this example was just rubbish. The fact that I could have booked online for £74 and was offered £79 a night at Reception also irked: apparently it's impossible for Reception to change the tariff in the system so my advice is to book in advance via a booking engine such as HotelClub - you won't get the best price from the hotel. That's of course if you choose to stay there at all. We won't be visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From our beautifully central location on Academy Street, pentahotel Inverness is your perfect base for a perfect stay in the capital of the Scottish Highlands. Shops, attractions, historic sites and the knockout northern beauty of our landscape are all here, waiting for you. And of course there’s no escaping the famous Nessie, our rarely spotted but very important local celebrity. You never know, he might be staying with us at the same time as you. Autograph opportunity… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your pentahotel Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Inverness Hotel Inverness
- Pentahotel Inverness Scotland