“Trying to be cool”

pentahotel Inverness
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
“Trying to be cool”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Having read glowing reviews on trip advisor I decided this would suit my needs for a one night stay and the accommodation certainly was excellent. My room was clean, good shower, nice layout and generally welcoming.
Reception staff were friendly but I did stand like a lemon for a bit at check in as one member of staff ignored my presence after he had dealt with a couple checking in. I waited and was seen by his colleague who at least apologies for my wait.
Breakfast was a disorganised shambles. Space where food was set out was far too small and I think I attempted to get bacon, eggs, other hot food on 3 separate occasions and each time it ran out before I got close to the servery! The quality and choice of breads and fruits appeared good but it would have taken several visits to buffet to have a half chance of getting a plateful of food so I just gave up.
The loud music and slightly dull but 'cool' lighting of lobby area didn't really work for me,especially as it was sunny outside and it always helps to see the sun in Scotland.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Carolinagmax
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Carolina,
Thank you for your review of our hotel and I'm sorry to hear you encountered some issues during your stay.
We understand our new 'pentalounge' is not to everyone's taste and accept your comments.
Our team are keen to continually improve the service they provide and we take all feedback, good or bad, very seriously.
I hope that you will consider a stay with us again and we can show you an enjoyable stay.
If you would like to discuss your feedback with me personally please do call the hotel directly. Kind regards
Ina Davies, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I would like to recommend this hotel to all. You will receive excellent customer service from staff and management. I cannot fault the rooms really clean and airy. Compliments to cleaning staff. The food is fresh and offers a wide selection at breakfast. Even healthy option. Waiting staff are outstanding and make you feel welcome. Thank you. Ruth turner

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Ruth

Thank you for your positive review - "A fab groovy hotel :-)”

It’s great to read your feedback regarding your stay, our team are delighted!

We hope to see you very soon.

South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with work & thoroughly enjoyed; The decor is STUNNING in the bar area, very decadent, lavish & comfortable.

Friendly & welcoming staff who went to every length to help! The breakfast was SUPERB, such a great choice & the room service food menu is very unique & all looked so yummy.

Only comment I would say is that the rooms might benefit from a rug/carpeting...? Laminate flooring was quite harsh & cold!

Overall brilliant :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

A big thanks from us all at the hotel for taking the time to write your review. It’s fantastic to read your great comments and we're happy you enjoyed your stay.

We plan to refurbish our bedrooms in the future and I will suggest a different floor covering.

I hope you will visit us again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I will definitely be back! It's a great place to start of a night out or just to chill, there is free wifi, a pool table and a ps4! The staff are all brilliant, especially katie.. she went out of her way to help with anything! All in all this place is a must see!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Scott

Thank you from Katie for the special mention! Its great to receive such positive feedback.
We are all very proud of our new hotel and feedback (good or bad) helps us to improve.
I hope you had time to enjoy the 'pentalounge' in particular the pool table, PS4 and FREE wifi.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Fantastic. Great place to stay. Nice and cosy and the Breakfast has so much choice would highly recommend
Rooms very clean Staff very helpful and polite Pentahotel Inverness is worth a visit
Great Cocktails Lovely choice of Vodkas

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Liz
Thank you for the 5* review!
I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.
We are very proud of our hard working team and we continue to look for new ways to improve our service for our guests.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Kind regards,
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Wow love love love this new hotel in Inverness. How nice to go somewhere that is trending in all the right places. Its so "WITH IT"...Disco Balls are back
Absolutely love the mood lighting that changes with accordance to time of day and atmosphere. I had the most wonderful SUKI Green Tea, loose leaf, served by Sarah who took time to chat to me. Although i was visiting during the day it was so relaxing i didnt want to leave!
Now im looking forward to going back and spending an evening sampling the food and the extensive cocktail menu. What a great place for a night out. See you all soon :-)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest,

We really appreciate you taking time to post your review.
Thank you for your kind words, the team are delighted. In particular Sarah for the special mention. The SUKI tea you enjoyed is very popular and we hope to see you again very soon!

Riga
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place is newly refurbished and looks absolutely fantastic.
Nice and cosy lounge, very cool bar/reception.
My boyfriend and I had dinner and the food was amazing you must try the Heart Attack burger ..some burger it was.
Staff were fabulous, friendly & room was very clean. They also have a gym which is available for residents and has all necessary equipment. Breakfast ... Oh my.. You must try penta breakfast, plenty of choice you have a salmon platter, fruit platter cooked breakfast and everything looked so fresh and tast.

• Stayed March 2014
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest

'Awesome hotel and service' Thank you for the fantastic review - the team are delighted.
The heart attack burger is very popular and the feedback has been amazing. It’s quite a meal!

Breakfast has been a talking point for many guests, from the continental items to the pastries, smoked salmon, eggs, bacon.....we hope to see you again soon.