“OMG ... dont go here ... EVER”
Review of Ash

Ash
Ranked #170 of 255 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“OMG ... dont go here ... EVER”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This place is meant to be part of The Royal Highland Hotel... if it is the bosses should hang their heads in shame...
On entering there was a lovely old man behind the bar.. Thats the nicest thing I have to say about the place.
There was already a woman at the bar complaing about the service ( I should have taken that as a sign)... Anyway my husband and I decided to eat there and give it a try... We found a table and wait 20 mins for someone to take our order, a waiter came but only AFTER the guy at the bar asked him to... So the waiter came over and his greeting 'YES?'... so my husband and I placed our order, he had Potato skins and myslef the soup... My soup was cold and his skins soggy... i sent my soup back and was asked if I wanted it reheated in the microwave ????.. I said no and sent it back... When our mains came its a wonder how they stayed on the plate as they were thrown at us... The mains were edable but not the best for the money we paid... when we went to pay we were not even asked if we like the meal all we were asked was 'card or cash' .... I just am grateful neither of us have been sick since eating there.... AVOID

Visited July 2013
78 Thank maryellen741

Inverness
“wish we had read some of these reviews first.....”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My 2 friends and myself were on our way to another venue to eat when we noticed the menu outside Ash. On entering the premises we were unsure whether to find a seat ourselves or wait to be seated, so we approached the bar and eventually one of the 3 or 4 members of staff decided to come over to assist.......... Menu seemed fine, £6.95 for 2 courses......because we all chose steak pie, chips and peas (no peas actually materialised) we had a 95p supplement....strange. It was ok I guess although I did prefer my crème brulee dessert, my friends both had banana fritters, also delicious. Soft drinks are pretty steep at £2.50 for a can of diet coke as one of my friends asked for diet coke in the first instance and received a very flat glass of something resembling coke at £2.25 she re-ordered a can and returned the awful first attempt. Waiting staff seem bored to say the least and we are afraid to say we will be in no hurry to repeat the experience. The place was busy with foreign visitors on the day we were there, but did quieten down, hope they don't think every place in town has staff like this. I have just returned from a holiday abroad and places here could learn a lot on customer service........shops and restaurants.............

• Visited July 2013
41 Thank kec216
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Cheap but not so cheerful”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We visited this establishment on the 1st July for a late lunch and had one of their set lunches.
The menu looked appetizing however the soup came out almost cold and had to be sent back and the `crispy potato skins´ were soggy and obviously just put into a fryer. When we complained the waitress took it back and came back with main courses and slammed them to the table. The Stella was also flat and had to be changed. The waiter that served me was of a foreign country and never once said please or thank you. As a first impression of hospitality in Inverness it was pretty abysmal. The restaurant was part of the royal highland hotel so if this was the service from the eatery, what would the service from the actual hotel be like?

• Visited July 2013
45 Thank starfleet1701
London, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch special!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went on a Sunday afternoon having just arrived in Inverness and were glad to get a table as the place quickly started filling up. The drinks list is pretty standard and the staff were quick to get our drinks orders on the table. Despite the growing numbers (it was Father's Day) service continued to be attentive. We ordered the risotto (yum!), chicken and mushroom pie and the curry for our mains. This was followed by creme brulee, creme caramel and Bailey's cake - all were so tasty!
Great place for lunch especially because of the helpful and attentive staff

Visited June 2013
2 Thank pribee86
Tain, United Kingdom
“Good food, good value!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lots of choice on the menu, if you eat before 6.30pm you get an excellent deal on either 2 or 3 courses. Friendly staff, don't have to wait too long for food to arrive!

• Visited April 2013