“Amazing place for food!”
Review of Ash

Ash
Ranked #197 of 268 Restaurants in Inverness
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Contemporary, new, cool cocktail bar and bistro, Ash, is a recent, and superb addition to the growing restaurant and dining out scene in Inverness. Ash Restaurant & Lounge Bar, a firm favourite with locals and visitors alike, is the ‘wide awake’ place to be! Enjoy a contemporary, fresh, yet classically styled dining room with Georgian influences, boasting a varied menu featuring many dishes inspired by traditional Scottish cuisine.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friend and I went in here on Sunday 24th February. We ordered our food and soft drinks. The place is absolutely spotlessly clean, well laid out and good space at the table. Our meal came and it was wonderful. My only gripe is I paid £2.50 for one can of soft drink which is actually outrageous! Overall I highly recommend this place for a bite to eat as the value for your meal is really good.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We live fairly locally but had never been to Ash before so whilst shopping, decided to go for lunch...oh dear.

My husband had the burger which at £9.00 expected home made, not a cheap tasting burger that was served. The salad on the side had clearly been plated up an stuck under the hot plate, what Chef would prepare food like this?? My 3 year old daughter had the kids home made tomato pasta which she wouldn't even touch as it had "dirt" in it - on close inspection it was WHOLE black peppercorns, in a kids dish?? As for my food, mine was actually very nice...apart from the weird candied peppers (I think?) That were scattered all over the dish, I have no idea why they were there.

The staff although very pleasant, were having a "tray twirling" competition in the middle of Lunch service...totally unprofessional!! As for the "Manager" he was so unbelievably rude, cannot believe this man has a position as manager...for example,I went to pay the bill whilst my Husband was making a complaint to the waiter, and the Manager clocked we weren't happy so made no effort to even talk or say please or thank you. Simply gave me my bill, took my money and walked away!

Really was the worst experience we have had!! (We have both worked in restaurants/hotels so we are no food snobs...it honestly was this bad!!)

12  Thank Audrey C
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently ate here, as I was staying at the Royal Highland Hotel and on reading the menu was really looking forward to my meal. After ordering, I should have realised that there was a reason the food arrived so quickly - it was not freshly prepared!!!!. The potato skins starter had a few skins which were very thin and very oily. I then had the 'sizzling chicken tikka' which did arrive sizzling but oh my goodness - this was the first time I ever tasted 'charred' brocoli and cauliflower. The curry sauce was very thick and powdery and the small mound of rice had to be beaten into submission as it was in a mound. The chicken tikka itself was reheated and dried up. This restaurant is not cheap although the food was very 'cheap quality'. Definitely a rip off and if you are looking for good quality, freshly prepared food then please look elsewhere. I would definitely not eat here again.

4  Thank PollyWolly7
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I were most disappointed with our visit to this reputedly well thought of restaurant. We didn't feel like having starters so went straight for the mains with my partner opting for the salmon risotto, and Glenmorangie Chicken for me. The risotto which was supposed to have consisted of flakes of salmon arrived as a large piece of salmon steak on a huge mound of orange rice. My chargrilled chicken had seen nothing of a whisky bottle, let alone had any of the amber nectar added to its bland sauce which was a great disappointment.

The restaurant was well patronised the evening we visited, however, despite the presence of so many bodies the temperature was definitely on the chilly side, and we were glad to leave the table to find a warmer corner to sit in with our coffee, the highlight of our evening !

3  Thank buckpoolloon
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Didnt book table but were given one straight away. Lovely food, cooked to perfection and very tasty. Was a bit pricey but was worth the money.