“Disappointing!!!”
Review of Ash

Ash
Ranked #197 of 268 Restaurants in Inverness
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Contemporary, new, cool cocktail bar and bistro, Ash, is a recent, and superb addition to the growing restaurant and dining out scene in Inverness. Ash Restaurant & Lounge Bar, a firm favourite with locals and visitors alike, is the ‘wide awake’ place to be! Enjoy a contemporary, fresh, yet classically styled dining room with Georgian influences, boasting a varied menu featuring many dishes inspired by traditional Scottish cuisine.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently ate here, as I was staying at the Royal Highland Hotel and on reading the menu was really looking forward to my meal. After ordering, I should have realised that there was a reason the food arrived so quickly - it was not freshly prepared!!!!. The potato skins starter had a few skins which were very thin and very oily. I then had the 'sizzling chicken tikka' which did arrive sizzling but oh my goodness - this was the first time I ever tasted 'charred' brocoli and cauliflower. The curry sauce was very thick and powdery and the small mound of rice had to be beaten into submission as it was in a mound. The chicken tikka itself was reheated and dried up. This restaurant is not cheap although the food was very 'cheap quality'. Definitely a rip off and if you are looking for good quality, freshly prepared food then please look elsewhere. I would definitely not eat here again.

4  Thank PollyWolly7

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I were most disappointed with our visit to this reputedly well thought of restaurant. We didn't feel like having starters so went straight for the mains with my partner opting for the salmon risotto, and Glenmorangie Chicken for me. The risotto which was supposed to have consisted of flakes of salmon arrived as a large piece of salmon steak on a huge mound of orange rice. My chargrilled chicken had seen nothing of a whisky bottle, let alone had any of the amber nectar added to its bland sauce which was a great disappointment.

The restaurant was well patronised the evening we visited, however, despite the presence of so many bodies the temperature was definitely on the chilly side, and we were glad to leave the table to find a warmer corner to sit in with our coffee, the highlight of our evening !

3  Thank buckpoolloon
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Didnt book table but were given one straight away. Lovely food, cooked to perfection and very tasty. Was a bit pricey but was worth the money.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

From standing outside this establishment looks as if could deliver the simple procedure of serving a half decent lunch. Things are very different inside. I made the mistake of choosing one of the two course meal deals. There were an array of starters to choose, however I really wasn't in the mood for anything deep fried or anything on toasted white baguette so my choices were soon minimised. I went for the "smooth" chicken liver pâté, I have had a few in my time and never really had a bad one so it seemed like a safe option. Already I knew I was in the wrong place cos I'm not one for going for the safe option. A swirl of piped, crumply, dry,chalky chicken pate arrived with the sliced white baguette I had been trying to avoid. There was a side salad of grated carrot that was unusual but in this case more than welcome as it was the most flavoursome aspect of the dish. When mains arrived I had opted for the salmon salad which ironically is pictured above so if u see this salad avoid at all costs. It reads well on the menu as a good healthy option and simple ingredients in salads work well if seasoned well and coupled with a half descent dressing. If not then u end up with what I got. My fiancée had the club sandwich. Again read well but old brown cos leaf doesn't do it for me and neither does pre packed chicken. Anyway we were asked several times if everything was ok. I think front of house team might be used to things not being ok. There wasn't much wrong. Just nothing that good. My advice is try somewhere that's more food orientated for lunch

4  Thank CMB90
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Staff at reception are terrible never smile not helpfull drinks very expensive bar shuts at 11,no entertainment , bar staff are very cheery and helpfull with a warm welcome,an extra tenner for breakfast!!!!

1  Thank Nicnack24