“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of The Corner Bar and Bistro - CLOSED

The Corner Bar and Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Centrally situated within Inverness City Centre the Corner Bar and Bistro provides extremely comfortable surroundings with an added touch of Scottish character. Our varied menu offers steak, chicken, fish, vegetarian and pasta dishes - there is something for everyone, including of course haggis starters and mains and daily specials! Oh, and there's no need to rush off after your meal - customers are encouraged to stay and sample our variety of beers, wines and cocktails.....!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had dinner here with my husband and my parents. The food was excellent (Scottish ingredients with a modern presentation) and the decor was cool...velvet benches, burlap ceiling, large lit candles on wrought iron wall fixtures. The service was slow, but we had a very enjoyable evening.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal with family!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked a meal to go out with family over from south africa and to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Have to say the service was excellent even though the restaurant was full, the food was delicious and cooked to everyone's exacting requirements and the staff very helpful at planning the surprise cake for my daughter. My mother (who can be particularly fussy) sia it was the best meal she had eaten out in years! Many thanks for a great night out...we will be back!

1 Thank Jane C
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Wake up staff You have paying £££ customers !”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Having picked this place to eat @14.30 we waited and waited and waited some more after 10 -12 min it was time to Go why because they were NOT bizzy. What was the food like ???
The service was appalling !!

• Visited August 2013
CharlieBarbour02, Owner at The Corner Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I am sorry that you felt our service was not up to scratch on Saturday afternoon.

We had a busy lunch service on Saturday (63 covers between 12pm and 3pm). I have checked with my staff and I understand that, rather than being ignored, you were in fact greeted and seated on arrival, handed menus to look at and asked if you wanted a drink (which I understand you declined). My staff have suggested that you left after about 5 minutes.

Whilst I am happy to take constructive criticism on the chin, I think in this instance you appear to have been a bit unfair on us. My staff take negative Trip Advisor comments very personally as they do endeavour to deliver first class service at all times. In our defence, I would say that we serve in excess of 1,100 meals a week at the moment and we receive consistently positive Trip Advisor comments which we all take great pride in. Indeed, we were recently awarded a Trip Advisor “Certificate of Excellence 2013” award which is something that we are all particularly proud of.

I am sorry that our performance standards appear to have fallen short of your expectations in this particular instance however I would thank you for providing a timely reminder to myself and my team that it is important to be at the top of our game at all times.

Charlie Barbour
Director
“So a bar doesn't have any alcohol?”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Saturday afternoon, decided to try here instead of the wee dodgy bars on the way to the football. A peroni for me and a brandy for my wife. Oh wait a minute, no brandy except a £12 a measure XO. And tesco is still open. So I get a drink but my wife misses out. Brilliant, was going to come back for food after the football it's McD's for us, at least they're reliable if boring.

Visited August 2013
Sorry you appear to have had a bad experience at our bar and bistro on Saturday. I have spoken to my staff and yes, I have to accept that we ran out of the house brandy on Saturday. Unfortunately running out of certain food and drink products does happen from time to time in bars and restaurants up and down the country, especially during a very busy tourist season. This particular incident was however avoidable and we have now put in place new measures to ensure that, as far as possible, we avoid this type of thing happening in the future.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, hopefully you can accept our apology and give us a second chance sometime soon!
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Great Value for money and good service”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place is great value for money, anything from the grill is great but other menu items can also be recommended. Staff have always been very friendly and attentive when i have been in and the wine is pretty good value for money too.

As well as the items from the grill there are some nice twists on traditional scottish dishes. The atmosphere is nice, it has a bit of a Bistro feel as its a big open space with high ceilings, i like the mix of furniture too.

I reckon that you woudl probably pay 10-20% for the same quality food anywhere else in Inverness. We woudl normally go to Pizza Express when we wanted an affordable and reliable meal out but the corner grill is fast becoming our prefered option

• Visited May 2013