“Well looked after as a lone diner”
Review of The Corner Bar and Bistro - CLOSED

The Corner Bar and Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Centrally situated within Inverness City Centre the Corner Bar and Bistro provides extremely comfortable surroundings with an added touch of Scottish character. Our varied menu offers steak, chicken, fish, vegetarian and pasta dishes - there is something for everyone, including of course haggis starters and mains and daily specials! Oh, and there's no need to rush off after your meal - customers are encouraged to stay and sample our variety of beers, wines and cocktails.....!
Derby, United Kingdom
“Well looked after as a lone diner”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Looking for somewhere to eat before boarding the sleeper train to London I took pot luck and was pleasantly surprised. The menu was varied and the food and service were good.

A request for a table for one sometimes results in being stuck in an odd corner, but here I was given my choice of any table for two in the restaurant. I enjoyed it.

Elgin, United Kingdom
“good food and good service”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

went for dinner with my boyfriend and we both thoroughly enjoyed it, the risotto was delicious. will definetley be back.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food in central location”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had dinner with friends. We each agreed that the food was very good and the service was excellent. I had an appetizer of the traditional haggis, needs, and tatties. But this dish was prepared differently with a delicious topping sauce. Steak and ale stew and fish dishes also were well prepared and tasty.

“Great food!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food, fish was cooked to perfection. It had a great atmosphere and great prices. Its must if your in Inverness.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Tourist trap”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Inverness is obviously a tourist destination, and it was probably the highest of seasons when we visited. Unlike other restaurants who simply said they were full, here they did a great job at promising us a table soon, and letting us have a drink in the corner bar while we waited, with other tourist guests. The wait felt long, but we were prepared for it.

We then ordered one main meal each. My dish arrived in about 20 minutes, but my girlfriend had to wait another 30-40 minutes for her steak (which was our reason for choosing the place). So we were both there waiting while my meal was getting cold, waiting for her dish. When it arrived, it felt like a shoesole. Nobody apologized for the odd wait.

Sorry, but I can't give a good review to a place that brought tears to the eyes of my girlfriend. I hope they learn to better synchronize their dishes, not to overpromise if they are full, and to apologize if something goes wrong. They also seemed to care in a more special way to some local guests sitting at nearby tables. This was not the only restaurant in Inverness where we felt that they take tourists for granted, after all most people go and see Loch Ness only once in their life if they are lucky enough to do so. But tourists leave reviews too, and service like this hurts the entire community.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MikeCB
CharlieBarbour02, Owner at The Corner Bar and Bistro, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I am sorry that you appear to have had a bad experience at our restaurant however I note that your review dates back to August 2012.

We took over this restaurant at the end of July 2012 and it is fair to say that we had a few problems at the outset, some of which we inherited, some of which were of our own doing. We have worked very hard over the last year to improve standards all round and, as I am sure you will have seen from recent Trip Advisor comments, we are heading in the right direction.

We endeavour to treat all customers, whether they are locals or tourists, in the same manner at all times. In common with other Inverness businesses we very much welcome the tourist trade as this brings a welcome boost to tourist dependent businesses each year. Inverness does enjoy a lot of repeat tourist trade each year and so it is particularly important that businesses look after all customers wherever they are from.

Like I say, I am sorry that you appear to have had a bad experience however I do hope you give us a second chance as things have definitely improved since you last visited.