“Great food, great service, great location”
Review of Dores Inn

Dores Inn
Ranked #11 of 267 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Scottish, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Had a great supper at Dores Inn this weekend. It was our first visit and we will definitely be back. The slow roasted lamb was absolutely delicious; in fact the whole menu looked lovely and making choices was tough! (unlike the lamb).
A very pleasant dining experience and the service was efficient and friendly. A walk along the shore of Loch Ness on a lovely summer evening rounded off a memorable meal.
Book in advance though as its a popular place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed June 23, 2010

We went out of our way to visit based on recommendations, but afterward, we wondered why. The back deck on the shores of the Loch is a wonderful spot for drinks, and we wish we had left it at that. Our dinners were acceptable, but not to the standard anticipated. Our main complaint is the noise. The dining room is small, the tables closely spaced, the ceiling is low, and when it is fully packed, the noise level is near-deafening. We had to lean across the table and raise our own voices to converse, and a few hours later, my ears are still ringing. If you enjoy a boisterous atmosphere, you'll love it. If you like to dine in peace, have a beer on the deck and move on.

Reviewed June 5, 2010

My husband and I visited the Dores Inn during our trip to Loch Ness and I thought it was amazing. We did not have a booking, but came in just in time to get a table before it started getting busy. We are from the US but have been in the UK for awhile now and I can't remember the last time I was wowed by a meal, (and I went to Gordon Ramsays last week). My husband and I each had starters and mains, for starters just some bread and wonderul scallops. The main courses he had Haggis with neeps and tatties, a local dish, and I had the Ox tail stew. The food was amazing, the service was great and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming.

Reviewed June 5, 2010

This restaurant and pub is located on the east side of Loch Ness at the very north end. It is approximately 8 miles from Inverness and was recommended by the proprietors of Acorn House B&B (see review). Since it is located a mere mile from the difficult to find McBain Memorial Park, we decided to try it, not knowing how popular it was. Luckily we were seated right away because we were fairly early (6pm). This had to be one of the best meals we had in our seventeen day tour of the UK. I had a wonderfully cooked steak - they actually came close to medium rare - and my traveling companion had the mussels. The "starter" was a wonderfully prepared haggis. We made reservations and returned the next night! Don't miss this gem in a beautiful setting. And as a tip, when traveling south from Inverness, take this side of Loch Ness - the road less traveled - no tour buses - no tired castle ruins with tacky gift shops!

Reviewed June 1, 2010

great food. it was very busy and we got our table on time though we did have to wait a wee bit for all courses. not a problem for me as i don't mind a rest between courses!

there is a set menu and a blackboard with specials. when we arrived just after 7 there were biggish gaps on the board main courses and there were 2 of the standard menu dishes unavailable.

however, we all managed to find something to eat and it was good! bit too much salady stuff though...