Dores Inn
Cuisines: Scottish, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Lovely fine evening at the Dores Inn. The Langoustines were tender and delicious and fillet steak cooked to perfection. An interesting and tasty selection of vegetables. Unfortunately no room for dessert!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Even if this pub was somewhere else altogether I'd love it due to the friendly staff and terrific food! The fact you can sit outside and enjoy breathtaking views of Loch Ness is just one bug added bonus!
We keep on coming back and visit here every time we're in the area.
If there's a group of you then if really recommend booking, it's a little place and very popular.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Nestled next to beautiful Loch Ness us this great pub. No tour buses, just great food & drinks, gardens, deck, and cozy inside seating. Muscles were delicious, Mac & cheese perfectly decadent.
Couldn't have found a better place to enjoy the scenery.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have visited the Dores Inn for lunch twice now and it hasn't disappointed. A fantastic and varied Scottish menu is on offer with some interesting specials too. I had the most amazing scallops on the first visit and brilliant mussels on the 2nd visit. Its best to book in advance as its always busy. After lunch we had a walk along Dores Beach on the banks of Loch Ness. The beach is right beside the Inn so its the perfect way to walk off a good lunch and a few wines.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a visit here to break up a long bike cycle! The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were great. The staff were very friendly and professional and I was surprised they didn't charge me for my salad (a minor issue that I quietly mentioned but didn't complain about as it was absolutely delish!). The inn is nicely decorated and full of fresh flowers which is a nice wee bonus! I'm just gutted we only had our cards to pay for it all as I would've liked to have left a well earned tip! Would highly recommend to anyone.

2  Thank Bach L