“Nice for Lunch out.”

Cuisines: Scottish, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Myself and my family decided to go to Dores Inn for lunch one afternoon. We didn't book, however were shown to a seat straight away. It wasn't very busy but there was quite a few people in.
Food took a while to be served, however the quality of the food was delicious, really nice food. Nicely presented aswell.
Service was fine, the younger members seemed nicer than the older. It just seemed a bit pretentious to be honest. Prices were relatively good, couldnt complain seeing as food was top notch.
Dores inn itself is a beautiful place, looking out onto Loch Ness, it has a homely feel to it. It was actually owned by my great grandparents just under 90 years ago! I like how it's kept it's traditional ambience yet got a hint of modern. Would recommend.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Has changed over the years but the haggis is always worth a go

Reviewed August 2, 2011

The Dores Inn is neither flashy nor pretentious, the waiting staff are young and enthusiastic, maybe a bit short on experience, but the food is very good indeed, and the value exceptional.

I will be back.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Have been twice, first time food was very good and we had called in just in passing, second time we booked well in advance but were put in a in a "souless" annex. On the second visit food was well presented but very bland and really quite disappointing. We mentioned this to the waiter who really did not know what to do or say.

I was really angered on leaving , (being over six foot tall) exiting the annex I banged my head on the very low exit. The staff all just looked at me as if I was an idiot. On speaking to the proprietors of a local B&B they said it happens all the time and the Doors Inn just don't do anything about it !

Bet they do something when a tall solicitor bangs their head !

G&F Edinburgh

2  Thank GLT47
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stopped off for a pint after a day touring loch ness. The weather was lovely so we joined everyone else in the garden overlooking Loch Ness. The larger was cold and the views wonderful. A perfect end to our day out.