“Couldn't be better. City centre h(e)aven”

Highland Apartments by Mansley
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay in two of Highland Apartments during my week in Inverness.

Apartment 101 was amazing. So beautifully appointed and with incredible views from the huge balcony terrace overlooking the river. We were there on a Saturday night and were warned we might hear music from the bar below, but to be honest, it was wasn't a problem at all. I dropped off to sleep immediately and wasn't woken at all - mind you, I think the super comfy bed had a lot to do with that!!

The location is spectacular, with beautiful views up and down the River Ness. Sunday morning breakfast on the terrace was a highlight - what a treat in such a city centre location. All very cosmopolitan!!

Later in the week we swapped to apartment 209. Another lovely two bedroom flat with loads of space and everything you could possibly need. I gather some folk use the apartments for holidays & family get togethers and others while they're working in the city - the flats work really well for either. A real home from home. And if you're looking for a very quiet flat, then 209 is the one for you. Hard to believe we were slap bang in the city centre.

Robin & Mandy, the apartment managers, were great. All the info you need is in the flat itself, but if we needed anything they we easy to contact and very helpful.

So, to sum up - couldn't be better. Don't want to leave.

Room Tip: One of the apartments with a balcony and view of the river for a treat. If you're looking for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was booked into room 402 but was contacted by Robin who advised there were some maintence issues and I was in room 102. This room has a large balcony and views of the castle, river and mountain ranges. These apartments have a fully equiped kitchen and seperate laundry (which is extremely useful when on a 6 week tour of the UK). Our bedroom had an ensuite with a bath and a seperate bathroom with a shower. The keys are now collected at the restaurant below the apartments. I would highly recommend these apartments when staying in Inverness. Thanks Robin for your assistance.

Room Tip: Any room would be nice and all have full kitchen and laundry facilities. Added bonus of secure under...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed at Highland Apartments for 2 weeks, and the place is faultless. A wonderful experience. Robin and Mandy are the perfect hosts, the rooms are beautiful, light, spotless and very well equipped for self contained stays. The central location is great, apartments and parking very secure, beautiful balconies... etc. etc.

I have read reviews about it being noisy from hotels downstairs.. it really isn't and even if it was then if you book something in the city centre then you just have to deal with that! (double glazed windows stop almost all noise!).

I operate an accommodation business myself, and have learned from how wonderful this place is. I'm very picky and honestly cannot find any fault with this beautiful place!

Highly recommend, and thank the hosts greatly!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Spent 3 nights here in August & found it superb. The location is excellent, & with the balcony facing the river we could sip our drinks overlooking the beautiful landscape. Numerous restaurants were closeby. The apartment is large, light, modern & very well equiped. The attention to detail in the unit was great, security is good & underground secure parking a plus. The hosts were very helpful, efficient & friendly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley1-1956
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Even though I was very ill during our trip, I enjoyed this apartment very much. We arrived by train from Edinburgh, which is very walkable from the apartment, but as I was ill and we needed to go to another property of the owners to pick up keys, we took a quick taxi ride. Robin took the time to explain how to enter the building and walked out to the taxi to make sure the driver dropped us off in the right spot.
The location is suberb. Right on the river, with many restaurants and shops nearby. A Tesco store is across the bridge as is the bus and train stations. I didn't eat out at all as I made good use of the fully stocked kitchen. The entire apartment was clean and well decorated. Loved being able to open the balcony door to get fresh air and people watch--pretty much all the outdoors I could manage with my timely illness.

Room Tip: 203 was lovely!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wordnerd71
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed in flat 210 for two nights virtually above a popular pub. The flat was far too hot so we had to keep the windows open. The music from the pub didn't stop until 12.30 and the street cleaning started at 6 am. On the second night there was a street cleaner at 12.30 am plus! We hardly slept and would certainly not recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed in Apartment 204 during July 2013, (it has a good parking bay on the end in the secure garage) and it was everything we could have wished for. The indoor decor, fixtures and fitting were all to a very high standard, the furniture on the balcony could have down with a clean as it was obvious it had not been done for a while, (we did it ourselves - but that’s the problem with seagulls)! Also the door to the balcony has lost its stay to keep it open, a small problem as with the breeze up the river it kept banging it shut, (I rigged up a temp solution with a bit of string).

Aside for those 2 small issues we found it had everything we wanted and to a high standard. I would recommend a river view as the Castle views must overlook the high street which was a bit noisy at times.

As for eating out we tried the River House, The Mustard Seed, The Kitchen, Nico’s and Little Italy. Excluding the Mustard Seed I can say that food in every was good and no bad experiences but to put a little more eat on the bone so to speak;
The River House – It is a small place, I would estimate about 30 covers. Absolutely excellent food (the best) but was let down a bit by slow service. I think this could be because they are a victim of their success and you must book if you want chance of getting in before 9.00pm.
The Mustard Seed – almost as good as the River House, bigger, more lively and much better service, just piped by the River House for quality of food. Again you must book, saw lot of people turned away – no tables before 9.30pm.
The Kitchen – Can’t comment on the food as customer experience extremely poor so never got to eat.
Nico’s – Good food, big portions, very fast customer service, not exceptional just good value for money.
Little Italy – Just what you expect an Italian restaurant to be. Small tables a bit close together. Good food, good service, great staff, I am sure it is family owned and run – lovely.

Room Tip: Higher river view rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple