“nice relaxing atmosphere”

Ranked #94 of 261 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Inshes Gate Brewers Fayre and Beano theme Play At is the perfect family restaurant and bar in Inverness. Themed buffets everyday, which includes a full carvery every Sunday. You will find an indoor play area with large dining area for families and also if you prefer a quiet dining experience you can dine in the main restaurant or large bar area which has BT Sport. We also have some great offers such as 2 main meals for £8.99 Monday - Friday, 12pm - 6pm (excluding bank holidays). Great value, family friendly. Come and pay us a visit, we cannot wait to welcome you soon.
Reviewed March 8, 2014

i went for the first time a few weeks ago with my wife, we were seated very quickly, and had a choice of buffet or menu, once ordered it wasn't long before we got our food, which was good, and enjoyed the free refills you get on a selection of soft drinks.

There are newer reviews for Brewers Fayre Inshes Gate

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a typical Brewers Fayre, with a menu that is fairly priced, but offers nothing outstanding. There's a fairly small range of vegetarian options (with two veggies in the party, this was slightly limiting), but for omnivores the choice is OK.

My main reason for marking it down to 3 stars is that there is no real ale; and only one keg bitter on tap. A pub with no proper beer...

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Recently went an had the chip shop buffet an the food was very good
Staff very helpful

Unlimited refils on drinks

The was chips,fish,chicken,fish cake then plenty of sauces,curry, tomato bread butter etc

Only £7.49 for an adult

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Sadly food quality going down and prices going up, called in after a hospital visit as a treat with my wife. Service excellent and did not have to wait very long, restaurant nice, clean and warm as always and food helpings were quite generous. However, food distinctly average, I had sausage, egg and chips with beans and I know that my thoughts on this is a personal preference but sausages (x3) were spiced with herbs (my food hell !), can't stand herb sausages. If they are serving herb sausages they should say so or perhaps offer them as an alternative to good old common beef or pork. Call me old fashion but I think most punters would prefer a straight forward beef or pork choice. The beans in my opinion were reheats, eggs (x2) were fried too quickly as egg yolk was soft in middle but hard on the outer edges, one of the eggs had a piece of shell left in it the size of a 5p, food was not presented very nicely on the plate. My wifes meal was what you would expect so we'll not be too hard on them. Didn't bother to complain as couldn't be bothered with the hassle after hospital visit, just wanted to get home. The tea was fine but I made that myself at the hot drinks station, wife wanted Earl Grey but none on offer, however, there was a reasonably good choice of others.
That's it, you make up your own mind.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Does what it says on tin. Its an ideal place to eat if you have any uncontrolable children with you. It has a good childrens soft play area where you can get some peace to eat while they play. The food is OK serves a purpose. The restaurant itself is warm and roomy.