“Ding dang doo....pretty good would stay again.”
Review of Corriegarth Hotel

Corriegarth Hotel
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Ding dang doo....pretty good would stay again.”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed here july 11. hotel was of a good standard, no real problems apart from the Bull i shared the room with kept me awake with his rustling in his hay. Somebody had stolen all the ZZZZZZZ's out of my matress which also kept me unduly awake. staff were very polite and helpful, the barmaids in the bar were pleasing on the eye.....good T.v and good WI-FI, overall a good place to stay .Happy Days !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bonnybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Scottish Open Golf outing tickets booked
Inverness Premier Inn £285 one night having a laugh!
Jumped at a bargain B&B on Lastminute .com
Doubt set in when reading comments on Tripadvisor which I am glad to confirm are rubbish.
Newly decorated room,
Comfy bed,
Brilliant shower,
Good breakfast
and only 5 minute walk from centre of town.
Need to appreciate that it is an older building and decor might not be to everyones taste

What more do you want. Would have no problems going back to this hotel

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Booked by my company for 2 night stay. First night I couldn't get in to check in because ithe hotel was totally shut with no night porter. Second night I arrived after work to check in but they had already sold my room to someone else. Even although it was payed in advance.

Never got to stay here so can comment on anything else.

My advice is simply avoid. Inverness has lots of hotels, don't use this one!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
1 Thank stoneyboycool
Scotland
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights last week and, like the previous reviewer, was unfortunate to be given room 6 although I had booked a few weeks in advance. The hotel website is most misleading - "individually designed rooms" - the designer should be shot! Every comment by the previous reviewer is spot on - tiny room, lumpy mattress, no way of getting fresh air into the room etc etc.....The shower was so bad I only used it once in case I picked up something nasty.The owners are really accepting bookings under false pretences as they must know their rooms are not up to an acceptable standard. I booked out on a Saturday morning and only one member of staff on who, bless him, was trying to do his best. But the breakfast buffet was depleted, no bread to make toast, dirty mugs but, in his defence, he did go and cook some extra bacon and sausage.I did eat in the bar 2 of the 3 evenings and the food was fine, not the best, but ok for £9 for 2 courses. I cannot fault the staff who were on duty as they were very friendly and helpful but they must dread guests coming in through the door. I did complain about the room at the time but was told the hotel had been bought over and the twin rooms were due for refurb in a couple of weeks - pity they hadn't told me that at time of booking and, because it was late and getting accommodation in Inverness is so difficult, just put up with it. Again on checking out I made a complaint but no form of recompense was offered but the lad on duty probably didn't have the authority anyhow. At £65 per night I feel a bit let down by the very poor standard of accommodation. However, if the rooms are refurbished to a better standard, I would go back as 10 mins walk takes you right into town and there is off street parking at the hotel.

liverpool
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We booked two rooms at this hotel for a one-night stay. I have to say that we couldn't fault the customer service, the food at the hotel and the main restaurant and bar areas. We booked dinner at the hotel and for £9 for two courses really could not fault the food. It was lovely and the portion size was huge - in fact most of us were unable to finish it! The staff were also very polite and friendly.
One of the rooms we booked however was a big let-down. Both were twin rooms but they were very different. The first room was an ample size, nicely decorated and had a reasonably sized bathroom. The second room was extremely small. The twin beds rather than being fitted in side by side had to be fitted in at opposite ends of the room as the room was only wide enough for them to be placed lined up against the side walls. This only left a very narrow walkway between the beds to the bathroom. The only place for the television was in the corner above the head of one of the beds, so whoever was in that bed could not have watched it (in comparison to the other room where it was obviously placed at the foot of both of the beds!). One of the beds appeared to have a broken leg and was very wobbly. The walls and roof and several stains all over them. The shower was also extremely small. The strangest part of the room though was that someone had removed the handles on both the bedroom and the bathroom window, meaning we were completely unable to open either of the windows and the room became unbearably hot and stuffy. From a practical point of view there was also no mirror in the bedroom or a bin.
Aside from that the hotel is in a great location and as it was a cheap hotel, we couldn't have expected much more. The breakfast (which was included in the price) was also ample, although some of the food had dried out by the time we got there so my advice would be to get there early!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first, do not choose room 6!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I stopped here for one night whilst en route for Thurso (3hrs away) and must say it was a nice B+B and nothing at all like the earlier reviews would have you believe. Possibly there has been a change of staff / management, but based on my single night there, I would definitely stop again

My room was very clean and my bathroom spotless. Free wi-fi in all rooms along with tea / coffee, etc. Evening meal was served in the downstairs bar and was very reasonably priced. The food was ok (just pub grub) and while not haute cuisine was better than many places I've stayed.

Breakfast was served in the "sports bar" and offered a full cooked breakfast in a buffet style along with juice, cereal, etc, etc.

All the staff were friendly and the check in / out was simple and straightforward.

1 Thank sowie
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Staff were very efficient and cheery and we could not fault the food. The room was basic but clean, although we were let down by the cheap mattress. Unfortunately our second night (Wednesday) was totally ruined by noisy music until 2am (we were there for our silver wedding). The room next to us was marked private and we presumed would have been for staff use, therefore doors banging while we tried to sleep.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple