“Jalfrezi Is Superb”

Sams Indian Cuisine
Ranked #30 of 281 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Description: Welcome to Sams, the home of authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine where our menus are thoughtfully tailored to meet our guests tastes and expectations.
Reviewed August 10, 2017

I went with my family for an evening meal and was very impressed with the quality of the food and service that we received. I had the Jalfrezi which was cooked exactly as I like it, though my son and daughter weren't too keen on the whole green finger chillies :o) I would recommend Sams and will definitely be going back soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I tried Sams Indian restaurant on Tuesday 8th August and we were extremely happy with our decision to go there. We are from Glasgow so are spoilt for choice with many great Indians in the city but we would say that sams is up there with the best.

I had the chicken tikka achari which was excellent, especially considering many restaurants cut corners when preparing an achari. My partner had the vegetarian masala which she thought was amazing. Service was great and we would thoroughly recommend the restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Went after a recommendation by our friend Glasgow
We weren't disappointed the food was classy and interesting with a few surprises.I chose the lamb with the flaming Sambuca it was a breath of fresh air of taste.
The staff gave a warm welcome and we had a great night.
Hope we get a chance to return
Give Sam a try

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the meal. Having looked at the prices of the nearby Indian resturanrs Sam's came out best.

A very pleasent and comfortable resturant.

Staff need some training in customer relations. A smile goes a long way.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

A quick Google check & trip advisor had the best reviews out of all the Indian restaurant in Inverness (Doesn’t say much for the rest) but it’s never a good start when the waiter that’s close to the door just looks, smiles at you & doesn’t open the door, I should have walked away……......anyway in we pushed, INDIAN TASTY ahead we hope.......table for two we asked, shown to our table, sat down, got the menus, asked if we wanted drinks almost immediately, we said we needed a few minutes to look at the drinks menu, a minute later back over to order food, we ordered the drinks first, back over again to order the food, wow, place was pretty quiet, why did I have to feel so rushed….. Poppadum’s arrived, we ate them, when we got to the end, it wasn’t nice to see a dirty plastic serving dish, some brownish dried in sauce, not ours, definitely not cleaned from a few servings before we thought, that dish done & away, seemed like just a few minutes and one of the mains arrived, how could they be so quick to cook a fresh Indian meal? That was just a tease, the waiter placed it, looked at it at the table & took it away again, we discussed amongst ourselves what we thought it could be….maybe no chicken or fish or cold or wrong order, who knows.
The mains arrived, we had selected the healthy light option meals, I had never seen that option in many Indian restaurants I had been in, sounded like a good opportunity to sample it, it didn’t state on the menu why it was going to be healthy, (missing a trick there) but oddly when the dishes arrived they looked like any regular Indian meal with gallons of uninteresting flat, sad, cold looking sauce with bits of chicken & the other dish, fish being a healthy option meal we were expecting lots of crisp 7 crunchy vegetables & light on the sauce I got one or two onion skins & lots of liquid sauce, the chicken overcooked, dry, tough & chewy, the fish tasteless, didn’t feel like any spices in the dish other than chilli, you know when you go somewhere nice & you get a cinnamon stock or a cardamom seed that adds the curry, none, but the boiled rice was nice & fluffy.
The waiter & waitress were ok, but I just got the feeling I was in a machine & they served us, but lacked enthusiasm for the food.
We paid the bill & scarpered to the nearest pub to deliberate over a drink on the merits of the restaurant & wished we had gone for an organic pizza instead. So lesson learned, go for an Organic Pizza in the Black Isle brewery directly over the road instead, the pizza looks fresh, colourful & smelled amazing, the staff in there, young vibrant, buzzing & the beer superb……….We shall know for the next time, you have been advised…….!!

1  Thank Paul S