“Good food, good VFM”

Sams Indian Cuisine
Ranked #16 of 251 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Sams, the home of authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine where our menus are thoughtfully tailored to meet our guests tastes and expectations.
London, England
“Good food, good VFM”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Good all-round performance; the food was really good and at a god price. I loved the onion bhajis. Beer was ice-cold. I would certainly go back.;

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
cupar
“An excellent restaurant”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I dropped into Sams for lunch on the 28th and 29th August during our holiday. We received a very warm welcome from the owner on each occasion and were provided with generously proportioned Dupiaza vegetable curries that were absolutely delicious. Clearly, the chef has great respect for those of us who prefer the non-meat option, unlike many other establishments in Inverness who limit their vegetarian meals to macaroni and cheese or a rather bland baked potato.
The house Merlot was so good we opted for it again on the second day and we completed both meals with freshly brewed coffee.
All waiters and the business owner did everything they could to make us feel valued as customers and we noted that there seemed to be several diners who were repeat business - this came as no great surprise in light of the high quality of the surroundings, excellent service and superb cuisine on offer at a very reasonable price.

London, United Kingdom
“Worst experience Ever”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

To Be very honest it was a terrible experience. It was all combination of worst service and bad food.
I have never seen such a service where waiter comes and drops all the cutluries on your table and then goes away. The dinner plantes are supposed to be warm, the plates provided to us were so hot that my little one burnt her fingers. Also we had to arrange our own table.
When I complained about it,the staff not even bothered to say sorry for their behaviour.

2 Thank Aavesh0704
Paisley,Scotland
“Grumpy Waiter, Average Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Was recommended to me but to be honest I wasn't impressed. To start with the stony glared greeting from the waiter of "Have you booked ?" got my back up straight away. That together with not offering to take our jackets and not appearing to know what a can of Diet Coke was set the mood for the evening.
I asked about one of the "Chefs Recommendations" to be told..."Its not got any colour !" Eh ???
This totally bizarre response put me off so I went for the safe bet of Chicken Tikka Masala.
Maybe its me but it just didn't look or taste like any Tikka Masala I've ever had before...the sauce was more like Tomato Soup and and tasted..well..different and not in a good way.
In fairness my partner said her Biryani was nice but that about the most positive thing I can say.
Don't think I would go back.

1 Thank Albadav
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
“Really nice meal”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I decided to get an early tea and stopped off at Sams. It was about 4:30pm and it was empty when we went in but by 5pm it was getting towards full. We found our meal to be etremely tasty and flavoursome. I would recommend eating at this restaurant but it might be worth booking as it appears to be a popuar restaurant