Craigside Lodge Guesthouse
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Inverness
See available hotels
Redcliffe Hotel(Inverness)
  • Free Internet
Beaufort Hotel(Inverness)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsinverness castlegreat locationb bgreat view of the castlegreat glen waythe riverguest houseporridgeplace to staytown centrewarm welcomebreakfast was deliciousonly stayed one nightfriendly hostsfull scottish breakfastwould definitely stay here againnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2012

After driving through the city center to see Fort George, we were thankful that our B & B was just slightly out of the chaos of the main street. However, it was a mere 5 minute walk to the main streets which made it very convenient. Ewan and Amy were very nice to us and our room was lovely. We had a top corner room which had a slanted wall on one side. I did forget this when I banged my head in the morning, but that was my own fault. The breakfast was excellent. If you plan to park, get there early as there are only a few spots.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We had a great stay at this B & B in Inverness. Amy and Ewan were great hosts and wonderful to talk with. It is in a great location and our room had a wonderful view of the castle. We also saw the most beautiful sunset while we were there. There is off street parking and very central to the city and things to do. Breakfast was very nice and we felt as though we could relax. I didn't know how to turn on the TV however and Ewan was more than helpful even though I may have interrupted him during the Europe 2012 soccer finals. We absolutely loved this city and the Lodge. If we ever make it to Scotland again, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This B&B is perfectly situated very near the centre of Inverness yet very quiet .The views on the castle are great.The rooms are clean and comfortable .We even had a parking space.
The breakfast very nice but would have been nice to have a fresh fruit salad and some homemade jam rather that the bad quality ones in individual containers.
It is served in a nice little dining room.
We had a very warm welcome from our hosts.

Room Tip: Ask for castle view room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2012

A great spot for an overnight in Inverness. Comfy room; good breakfast. No complaints here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The days I was at Craigside, there was fresh snow on the mountains off in the distance (we're talking late May here, so yeah -- that was a little weird!). The Inverness Castle below looked different at different times of the day, including late evening with the indigo blue of twilight. I would stand at the window for minutes at a time and just take in the view.

Breakfast for this confirmed vegetarian was the best I had at any B&B on this trip in England/Scotland. And as hosts, MacDonalds can't be beat, father or son. Explain: When I arrived, son Ewan and daughter-in-law Amy were taking a short break, so I was welcomed by the elder MacDonald. Really gracious man!

Do take a look at the pictures lining the stairwell. Ewan MacDonald is a genuine sports celebrity!

Room Tip: Be prepared for a lot of up-and-down walking in this part of Inverness. The street Craigside is on is about 200-250 feet above the downtown area, and the options are up and down steep streets or the several stairways.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo