“Wow. Excellent. Worth short drive.”
Review of Oakwood Restaurant

Oakwood Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Inverness
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oakwood Restaurant is just 3 miles from Inverness on the Main A82 travelling towards Loch Ness, road side.Serving award winning Scottish food, Venison, Orkney Island Gold Beef, Hand dived scallops & Langoustine, along with chicken, lamb & a good vegetarian and vegan choices.
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Wow. Excellent. Worth short drive.”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We picked this restaurant due to reviews on trip advisor, and looking for some good local food.

It's about a 15 minute drive from where we were staying, but so worth it.

Plenty of free car parking. Building has real character as do the staff (family). Really good non-stuffy atmosphere. We had a table for 6 people.

Gus showed us to our table, and he's a great character...I've read a few reviews where people have made negative comments about him, but I think they are unjustified as he's got a great sense of humour and was very helpful.

Their son helped serve the table, and was very efficient and friendly.

Gaby does all the cooking, and wow: what cooking. We were all blown away with the quality of the food...it was truly faultless...and it's so hard to say that...there's always something not quite right, but wow...

Added to the amazing food, the cost is very reasonable.

Be aware that they are not licenced to sell alcohol so take your own wine...and there's not corkage charge :-)

This was truly a fantastic restaurant.

1 Thank Paul R

Vicenza, Italy
“Gorgeous Seafood”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

From the exterior this restaurant doesn't look much, and the interior looks cluttered, but don't let this put you off the food is gorgeous and plentiful. I would definitely recommend a visit.
The owner seemed grumpy initially but once into a conversation with him he was friendly and pleasant.
Note that the restaurant is not licensed, but they do not charge corkage for bringing your own.

• Visited June 2013
Lerwick
“Another excellent meal”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This time we took our sons, who are now young men, and amazingly enough, they did not need food when we got home! You actually managed to fill them up. Not only is the food delicious (obviously made with passion and love) but the portions are very generous. We will be back!

• Visited January 2014
“Nothing like the good reviews”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We chose to go here because it was number one on trip advisor in Inverness. To be blunt, the experience doesn't even remotely match the rave reviews. The food was ok, but not great. I ordered lasagne which was tiny for £8. Tasted ok, but nothing special. My boyfriend ordered the burger which was around £5 and pretty good value as it tasted pretty good but it only comes with a small salad. But overall the food is ok. However the service was not good. The woman who appears to be chef was the first to welcome and seat us. She was nice and polite. Then the man took over as waiter and was not warm or friendly. I almost felt apologetic for being there, like we were a chore. He was very rude when I asked about the size of their sparkling water bottles. Almost verging upon irritable. Not really what you want when you go to dine in a restaurant. It seems like he just hates his job. I suppose if we'd stumbled across it by accident I'd just suck it up, pay and forget about it, never to return. But the massively positive reviews are very misleading and the old man waiter needs to learn some customer service and manners.

5 Thank Livster13
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“Wonderful amazing food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I found the restaurant on trip advisor, and decided to eat there with my family. My overall experience was beyond my expectation. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was very cosy and the service was excellent. I ordered langoustine for the starter and fillet stake for main and they were just amazing. The dessert was lovely too. I can't understand how some people commented negatively. I can't recommend this restaurant enough.