“Excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Oakwood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 245 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oakwood Restaurant is just 3 miles from Inverness on the Main A82 travelling towards Loch Ness, road side.Serving award winning Scottish food, Venison, Orkney Island Gold Beef, Hand dived scallops & Langoustine, along with chicken, lamb & a good vegetarian and vegan choices.
Epsom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having moored up at Dochgarroch Lock on a cold April afternoon we decided to get off the boat and treat ourselves to a cooked meal and we are so glad we did. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere good. The couple who owned the restaurant were great and very entertaining. We would definatley go back if in the area again.

• Visited April 2013

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Great menu and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have been here twice now. I would say that the food cannot be faulted and the range on the menu is really impressive. I am mainly a vegetarian but do sometimes eat wild meat or fish. This is definately a menu to impress my needs. My feelings are that the food is very homely and what I had for mains would be the kind of thing I like to cook myself. They were very tasty and the sweets were fantastic.
The atmosphere I have not quite figured out yet as it is a bit unusual but the option to bring your own is a great one and the setting fantastic.
Definately worth a visit if you are out that way.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Inverness, United Kingdom
“fantastic little haven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having had a busy five weeks it was time for me to entertain two very good friends. I happened to come on this webiste and found this place. Although I pass it often I never once thought of visiting. How wrong was I. having visited the reviews I knew that there was banter waiting and we got just that from start to finish. Everything about this place was fantastic, nice, clean, friendly, NO CORKAGE, and a lovely wee reasonably priced shop for gifts to visit as well. Its a must and the food is to die for especially the Highland Park cheesecake YUM YUM. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
“Truly scottish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant is very scottish and romantic the food is brilliant and everything cooked fresh and from scratch. I loved how we got a seperate dish of veg on top of a candle lit rack. Orkney fudge cheesecake is highly reccommended definitly worth the visit breathtaking scenery on the way along aswell.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“No words can say enough about this Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a find that should be shared . While on our way back from the Isle of Skye with friends . We tried two restaurants beore this one but were full. So pleased they were. This is one of the best places to eat . All local meat & fish cooked to perfection, The Scallops I had were cooked just right , tricky fish to cook. My husband had Beef Rib Roast that melted in your mouth. It was like sitting in someones front room. If I lived in Scotland it would be the only place we would like to eat. Great couple

• Visited May 2013