“Recommended”

Oakwood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oakwood Restaurant is just 3 miles from Inverness on the Main A82 travelling towards Loch Ness, road side.Serving award winning Scottish food, Venison, Orkney Island Gold Beef, Hand dived scallops & Langoustine, along with chicken, lamb & a good vegetarian and vegan choices.
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food, highly recommended, atmosphere was also good & friendly quick service. You would need to BYOB as not licensed but food was amazing . Would definitely give this place 5 stars

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had eaten here before & the first time I had enjoyed probably the best steak I've ever eaten. This time we had friends with us & I decided to try the seafood on offer. I started with langoustines, which I'd never eaten before & had to ask Gus, the owner how I should tackle them. He suitably advised & I'd soon polished off a very hearty starter. Next I had the seafood medley which was in effect, a small mountain of the tastiest fish ever! Salmon, monkfish, prawns & more in a beautiful fish sauce accompanied by a plate of assorted veg. Fantastic! I'm not normally a dessert fan but I finished off with the Highland Park cheesecake - Home made & certainly no skimping on the whisky - delicious! My partner started with scallops with bacon which she said was incredible followed by braised Aberdeen Angus steak in an onion port & wine sauce - a cracking meal. This was our friends first visit here & they enjoyed their dinners so much, they are planning going back very soon. I'd certainly recommend The Oakwood to anybody who enjoys home cooked food made with the finest ingredients served in a restaurant that is genuinely relaxing to eat in. Absolutely first class!

1  Thank Martin G
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had lunch with my young family and it was lovely. You can see the effort that is put into this place.
The atmosphere is nice, with varied music and very few tables. I counted 27 seats.

Without going into too much detail, the lunch was great. The lasagne and burger were clearly made on the premesis and were full of flavour. A side of fries was not available as there seemed to be no fryer in the kitchen. The fries weren't missed.

Drinks very reasonably priced, £1 for a can.

The only negative is the lack of a kids menu. Older kids would struggle, unless you pay for a full dish. My four year old shared my starter and main.

There is a very friendly feel to the place and would probably go out of my way to go there again if in Inverness.

1  Thank Sharkx
Reviewed February 19, 2013

What can I say but fabulous! We visited here for my mums 70th birthday and had a family party and were made to feel so special by Gus, Gaby and Jason. The food is absolutely amazing and all home made which makes it ever more special:) Yum Yum Yum! A must visit place if you are ever around Inverness!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Despite an offputting colour of paint on the exterior walls the Oakwood is a fabulous place: the menu was simply full of local and scottish foods, served very quickly, kept hot by wee candles and children were treated with respect and kindness and found the food delicious, as did the adults. It would be hard to recommend the desserts too highly, the Orkney Cheesecake was divine. Make sure you don't drive by.