“Does the trick”

Rossmount Guest House
Ranked #13 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend and couldn't rate it highly enough. Was attending a local wedding so the owner Robert, treated my tender head generously the next day! Great location, very quiet & great hosts. Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Rossmount Guest House

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our recent overnight at the Rossmount Guest House was an absolute delight! The host was friendly and welcoming, the location was great (walking distance to city centre, and even better, the Castle Tavern), and the room was warm and cosy with all the amenities one could hope for! Breakfast was also a pleasure--everything was well-prepared and delicious. We loved our time there and will definitely be staying again next time we're up!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Rossmount when we were in town for an event. It was such a comfortable, homey B&B and we couldn't have been more pleased. The room was lovely and comfortable, the bathroom really well appointed and the shower was amazing! Breakfast was delicious and our host so very kind and friendly. We highly recommend Rossmount Guess House. We will be staying there again next month for some events and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: For anyone with mobility problems, Room 1 is on the ground floor - this is the room we have booked a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have just had a two night stay at The Rossmount and found it very good. It is situated close to the town centre, within easy walking distance of all amenities. We were able to park directly outside and given a residents' parking permit. It is also dog-friendly so we were able to take our dog Lucy in with us and there was no extra charge for her. The bedroom and bathroom were small, but nicely furnished and well equipped. The owners, Robert and Ruth, were very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was excellent. I would certainly recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night during a tour of Scotland, the room having been secured for us by Rabbies Tours. Our room was tiny but quaint. I wondered why the rubber yarn toys resided in our bedroom fireplace area until a long-haired cat attempted to scoot into our room when we opened the door. Cute feline. I liked the neighborhood too with the flowers planted in the front yards, lending a little garden-like ambience to the street. There are a great many guest homes in the area and all seem to look neat and trim to attract the local tourists.

Our breakfast was wonderful, the best of our vacation. Even the haggis was tasty, resembling our favorite Pennsylvania Dutch treat, scrapple. But my curiosity led me to try the Marmite, a dark toast spread, served in jelly-like packets. My stomach still has nightmares. Should have stuck with the strawberry jelly, or the home-made lemon curd.

My only concern, and this is true of most bed and breakfasts we've stayed at in the past, is that there is little printed information on what the "rules are" for guests, as well as what's available at the guest home. We didn't learn until the next day that there was a commons area for guests right next door to our room, which explained the cheering we heard as there was a soccer game on.

But overall we certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B to visitors to the Inverness area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

When the b+b where we usually stay was full the owner suggested we try Rossmount.

Rossmount is a fine double fronted house on a quiet residential street not far from the Castle. This means you can easily walk to the central shops and restaurants in Inverness without having to find parking.

Our room was clean and well furnished, it appeared to be recently refurbished. Everything worked well and we had a good night's sleep. Breakfast was generous and well served.

Next time we're in Inverness we'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed with Robert & Ruth for 1 night on my way back down south, having completed a bike ride up in the north east. Having safely stowed my bike Robert then gave me the great news that I had been upgraded from the single room that I had booked into the one remaining double room - a comfortably sized room with an ensuite bathroom, equipped with one of the best showers I have had in a long time!

The room was very warm and very comfortable and I had a fantastic night's sleep. The breakfast was very nice indeed and Robert was the perfect host, attentive when I wanted him but was he was also equally aware of the need to leave me to eat my breakfast.
All in all it was a perfect night's stay in a central location with lovely hosts and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo