“A Great B&B !”

Ranked #12 of 229 Inverness B&B and Inns
Faringdon, England, United Kingdom
“A Great B&B !”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Arrived after two weeks cycling ( Lands End J Groats) . Ruth & Robert very welcoming & helpful. Very convenient location for town centre/station. Decor/cleanliness/bedding/breakfast all excellent. Very pleasant residents lounge. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Malta
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed for two nights in Rossmount Guest House from the 16th to 18th July 2012. Guest house 10 minutes away from town centre and very convenient for short stay in Inverness with free parking in street or at the back of same house. Our room was on the first floor and though it was not that big we had every thing we needed for during this short stay. Room was done neatly and clean, with towels changed everyday and with very good shower. We had good night sleep as house is in a very quiet area, with newly laid carpets which makes it quieter and had a good mattress. We appreciated the tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast was very good and plentiful but we didn't like the idea of having to make the order for breakfast the night before and also that it was served only between 8 and 9am. Robert was a good and very helpful host and we appreciated his advice on restaurants and area. We certainly recommend this house for a short stay in Inverness. It is also reasonable priced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Scotland
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This B&B is one of the best I have stayed in. The room was of a high standard, comfortable and modern. The level of cleanliness throughout the B&B was first class. The owners were friendly, welcoming and were keen to provide any information we required. The breakfast was brilliant. We had a selection of fruit and cereals followed by a cooked breakfast. The B&B was only a short walk away from the town centre (10mins). The owners showed us the quickest route to take.

I would most definitely return here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
sussex
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Rossmount B&B is excellent in every way. It's clean, recently decorated, friendly, good and plentiful breakfasts, very good location generally. Ruth and Robert are very welcoming (thank you Robert for the lift to the airport). We will certainly travel to Inverness again and will want to stay at the Rossmount, we would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
DurhamRegion
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Went back to the Rossmount in May for a return visit, this time with my husband. He was looking forward to it, as I had raved about the place before. Once again, the Rossmount did not disappoint! Warm, friendly hospitality, delicious breakfasts (and thank you SO MUCH for the packed lunch you made us when we were up and gone before breakfast!). We even stayed in the same room that I stayed in last time - it was like coming home! We were able to park our rental car in the back, so that was very handy, and made for one less thing to worry about. The Rossmount is a short walk to the centre of town, which we did several times. We even managed to stay an extra night at the Rossmount (thank you Robert and Ruth for letting us do that - it made everything easier!).

I would highly recommend staying at the Rossmount when you visit Inverness. It ticks all the right boxes!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

this was one of the less expensive places I stayed in and went for convenience in town centre and that it had a single room as I get a bit fed up being charged for single occupancy. I am quite experienced with b and b and I must admit this represents the best value I have had a long time. Generally I always fairly pleased with all the unknown places I go to and this was purely chosen for convenience but I had actually had seen the reviews about how good it was too. although only a large Victorian house in an ordinary but pleasant residential area just behind the main centre of Inverness and not much in the way of views it was just so good. I had a really well thought out single room at the front fully equipment with TV, even wifi, small chest of drawers with generous tea and coffee plus biscuits tray and even a small hanging wardrobe and bedside table, handbasin and good quality modern TV. It was beautifully decorated obviously new and the bed very pretty and comfortable. There was good space for a single room too which was useful to me with a lot of luggage as i was travelling around. The bath room was lovely (shared with one other bedroom I think) with an excellent shaped bath and shower over plus loo and basin and plenty of room plus nice things to put in your bath! there was also a separate loo and washbasin so well provided for! The dining room was very pleasant and simple and the breakfast and facilities honestly as good as something twice as expensive. A very innovative small fridge (I have not see this idea anywhere else) had the m ilk, yoghurts etc and there was a wide choice of cereals and a wonderful fruit salad. You chose your breakfast assortment the night before and this was a good idea (now being used quite a bit I think) as I could have the mix and quantity I liked.

I cannot express enough my delight in this convenient b and b and the helpfulness and kindness of the host. I was even driven to the station to get my ticket for my train ride the next day and it appeared easy to park int he street and I was provided with a resident parking permit as I had requested if I could leave my car in advance as I was doing a day's journey down to the Kyle of Lochalsh.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Whilst working in Inverness and normally stay in local Hotels i decided to stay here and wasnt disappointed. Lovely house and very warm and hospitable couple treating you to a feel at home enviroment..Highly recommended...Thanks to you both.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business