The Chieftain Hotel
Heathmount Hotel(Inverness)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsirn bruspacious family roomcity centreexcellent staywould stay againbeds were comfortablelovely hotelvery pleasant staybooked this hotelcouple of nightsnight's sleeprailway stationstayed here for one nightlizconservatorykettlehighlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had an overnight stay here recently and it was a great place for me to recharge my batteries.
Great choice for dinner and it tasted great and plenty of it, breakfast was brilliant. Set me up for day ahead. Had a great sleep in a very comfortable bed and room was ideal. Hotel is modern, spotless and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Would I stay there again - Yes
Would I recommend it to you - Yes

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights....staff were very friendly always a smile...breakfast was really good...bed was comfy toilet spotless...safe to say i would be happt to go back & recommend to friends visiting

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hubby & I had a lovely 3days staying here. The Owner & all the staff were wonderful & helpful at all times. The room was spacious & very clean always. The meals in the Restaurant were generous portions & so yummy! It was only a few mimutes away from the hub of Inverness for sightseeing & shopping. If ever back in Bonny Scotland visiting the beautiful capital of the highlands, Inverness,we would certainly stay here again. Well recommended!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was on a buisness trip and thought I would choose the chieftain hotel walked into the hotel to see the lovely warm vibe of the hotel checked in and the staff were very kind and helpful, went up to the room to see a nice clean and tidy room!
Best hotel ever
Ps. Really nice food

Room Tip: Number 7 is the best !!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TaylorL15
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Started off OK friendly staff and clean enough. Was provided this hotel while I worked night shift for a week in another store. One night I got in at 4am to be told by the night porter my stuff had been removed from the room packed up by a member of staff and I would have to sleep on a camp bed in a room with some one who worked for the same company but from another store so someone I had only just met.
The camp bed was missing bars they could not provide pillows or a duvet and gave me 2 duvet covers one was filthy. I ended up sleeping on the floor in my clothes. A member of staffs apology consisted of as far as the hotels concerned its not our fault. It took 4 days to get an apology from management and only because I complained. In one week I had my privacy violated, and trust shattered. I feel sick and angry that a hotel would do this to someone who had no option at that time of day but to stay and put up with this shocking treatment.
This was an avoidable incident as one staff member had come in to the room 3 times on the day a member of staff packed my suitcase when I was at work and put it in a cleaning cupboard and no apology will compensate for the upset and anger this has caused.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Kerri L, General Manager at The Chieftain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest, we are unhappy to read this review. As we had explained to yourself on that particular morning, your company had instructed us that you were a depart. There was obviously a communication issue regarding your work. As we saw it we could not "leave you on the street" and as we were already fully booked we felt that we had to do something to help you. It was not the ideal situation, but we did try and find alternative accommodation for you without any luck as Inverness was/is very busy at this time of year.
Liz (the owner) was more than happy to discuss this with you as she personally drove you to catch the train the next morning.