“Value for money with a friendly welcome”

and 1 more site!
The Chieftain Hotel
Ranked #38 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellantly priced hotel with wonderful hosts in Liz the manageress and her daughter Kerry whom considering it was hogmoney would do anything for you to make your stay pleasureable. They made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived. Hotel is in excellant condition having had a major refurbishment earlier in the year and rooms are all of a good size and well decorated to modern standards. Breakfast is nicely cooked with good choice. Ate evening meal on both nights and thought on both occassions value for money taking into account the actual room price compared to others in the area! Would certainally go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the side as the ones to the front can be noisy due to the close proximity of the m...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin F
Kerri L, Manager at The Chieftain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip advisor. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay at the Chieftain Hotel, it was lovely having you stay over Hogmanay! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

After staying at the Chieftain Hotel recently I felt I had to write about my experience.
As I walked into the main lobby I was greeted with a very friendly lady who gave me a sense if nothing was to much for her. I later learned this was the manager and she and her staff went out of their way to make our stay the best they could.
We hadn't had anything to eat on
our journey and the kitchen was shut but they took it upon themselves to rustle us up with some soup & sandwiches, a generous and thoughtful touch.
To add to this it was a warm, very clean & beautiful room, the food was delicious and the whole experience was very good value for money and I'd love to return again in the new year.
Thank you very much for a pleasant stay :)

• Stayed: December 2012
Kerri L, Manager at The Chieftain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing the Chieftain Hotel. I appreciate your business and positive comments. We look forward to seeing you at the Chieftain Hotel in 2013.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Place looked lovely but what do you expect from a makeover!! Thought the staff were friendly and polite but the food was not matching the decor. Shame really wanted it to work. It is a good finish to the hotel and I hope it gets back to what it really was in the first place but it seems its all mixed up right now. Is it a pub? Is it a restaurant and hotel. Not sure and its a shame

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Kerri L, Manager at The Chieftain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Hi Guest, Thank you for your review. I apologise that your time at the Chieftain was confusing for you on this occasion, this is never our intention.
We like to think we cater for all at the Chieftain Hotel. If you would like to stay & have a quiet drink/meal with us then the hotel & lounge area is for you, or if you would like a lively atmosphere then the public bar would be for you! We hope to see you soon at the Chieftain Hotel.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having had amazing meal deals courtesy of groupon all over Scotland I was excited at treating my friend for his 65th birthday to a 2 course lunch at the Chieftain. Especially since the refurb I thought we were in for a real treat.I was stunned at the reception we got - a v surly 'groupon - right you can have ...and instead of what we were promised in the voucher a choice of any 2 courses from the menu we were told we would have garlic mushrooms and a choice of macaroni cheese or MINCE!!!! it was onlyy after creating a fuss and the clear indicaation we were NOT happy that we were allowed to choose from the main menu. I felt for the 2 groups who came in after us with the same offer - all tucking into MACARONI CHEESE!!!!! thanks but no thanks. We will NOT be returning and we have told all our friends to steer clear. Surly jobsworth staff and mediocre service. It was really enbarassing for my male friend whose birthday it was whilst I negotiated what we could and could not eat...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Chieftain_12
Kerri L, Manager at The Chieftain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Guest, we are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with your groupon menu which was valued at £4.50 per head for 2 courses. We have had positive feedback from all other guests regarding the portions, choice & value of the food. We would love to have you back to sample our full menu.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just returned from an enjoyable stay at the newly refurbished Chieftain Hotel. As soon as you enter the front door you'll be amazed at the transformation. The tasteful decor and the realistic wood burning stove in a traditional setting all adds to the ambience of a warm highland welcome.

We appreciated the personal touch from the friendly staff.

Our spotlessly clean bedroom had new furniture including an extremely comfortable bed. The ensuite has been totally refitted to a high standard.

There was a varied menu, the food was delicious, well presented and served by a very attentive staff.

The efforts and hard work of the new management team will ensure that the Chieftain is top of our list when visiting Inverness.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Some one has spent a fortune on this place, the rooms are modern & very clean, greeting was very refreshing after a long drive. Food tasted good and presented very well, great value. My B&B rate was also great value. Nice to see staff smile for a change! Thankyou I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Brettbooth29

Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing The Chieftain Hotel. I appreciate your business and positive comments.We look forward to seeing you in the Chieftain Hotel in 2013.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Clean beds and towels, plenty of hot water. Shabby hotel, but value for Inverness. Bathroom wasn't over clean and the ample breakfast was undercooked. Had I had more time to find an hotel a lodge would have been much better value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends