“Eaten Alive!”

and 1 more site!
The Chieftain Hotel
Ranked #41 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I woke up 3am with something crawling up my arm. Put the light on to find bedbugs on my pillow, between my pillows and on the sheet. I flicked one off which left a blood stain on the sheet. Woke my husband who also had bed bugs in his bed too (only a twin room was available). I am worried that some of them have hidden in my luggage and come home with me. The staff were very friendly and refunded us for the room, but I would not stay there if you paid me. It was dirty, food under the mattress, the towels were old and the bathroom was really run down with a worn toilet seat. Shower worked like a drizzle, my toast was soggy on the edges and I still feel things are crawling all over me now. Horrendous!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emmatav
There are newer reviews for The Chieftain Hotel

Reviewed November 29, 2010

State of rooms very poor. Broken bath panel, dirty tiles in bathroom, old childs dummy in bedside cabinet drawer.
Mattress on single bed felt lke the sprungs were coming through!!!
We attended function at the hotel and was surprised to see that Sunday breakfast finished at 9am.
The ony good point about this Hotel was the pleasant staff.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip and paid £75 (£65 too much) the first room was a joke stained carpets, very low ceilings and a window that would not close properly, the second had only a shower with a curtain that was ripped and had black mould on it.

The bar is open until 1.00am so if your looking for a quiet night forget it! staff were friendly enough and the food was fairly decent, but the hotel decour dates to the mid 70`s

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Booked this hotel on Laterooms.com for £75 B&B - a £20 reduction on actual price. The whole hotel is in need of a complete makeover. After going through the locked door and up the stairs - wondered where we were being taken too - the carpets were tatty, walls in need of a paint, our room was small and dark!! The bathroom was awful, a plastic bath suite which was all cracked, you could easily have cut yourself on it, tiles dirty etc etc. The breakfast was not much better. Will make sure I read trip advisor before booking for a night away next time!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Stayed for 7 nights. Clean room with comfortable bed and modern pine furniture. White towels changed daily. Tea coffee and shortbread are replenished daily. Wide breakfast menu. Staff are all pleasant and helpful to any request. If I return to Inverness I would be coming back to the Chieftain.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We regulary go up to Inverness on busines on this occasion could not book any other hotel. We has to stay at the Chieftan. What a mistake. The hotel is on a main road and rundown from the outside. We had booked 2 rooms and the girl at reception intially gave us one of the family rooms, after finding our other room she showed us the locked door to access the bedrooms!!
The rooms were faded and someone has had an attempt at cleaning them. The mould in vthe bathroom and the shower cubilcle was disgusting and the toilet seat wasn't fitted properly. In my colleagues room the shower and the toilet made a loud banging noise when they were used which could be heard in the neighbouring rooms. In the double rooom the bed was as hard as a concrete and the noise from the dripping gutter outside a window that I couldn't close meant there was no sleep to be had.
We did not eat in the hotel, the dining room was not very inviting and the Sports bar adjoining was busy with people watching football. Breakfast iwas greasy and cheap and not very edible. and the coffe was instant!!
£100 per night for this uncomfortable vist in an unfriendly dirty hotel. Keep away!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tim57g
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We recently stayed at the chieftain hotel but will definately not be returning. Our main issue was the basic cleanliness which you would expect in any hotel! Unfortunately this is not a main priority at this hotel,the window sills in the eating area were so dusty, the table beside the reception desk was thick with dust, the window panes on the doors were full of fingerprints,the walls were in need of a paint and so on, it really did lack cleanliness and a few cleaners would be recommended for this place! We have stayed in many hotels in inverness but couldnt get booked in any of our favourites for the weekend we went away so this is how we ended up staying at the chieftain. I would highly recommend the ramada jarvis in inverness which is spotless and great value! I will definately not be recommending the chieftain to anyone. To be fair the staff at the chieftain were all friendly and helpful so not got any issues with them, just the basic cleanliness which you would expect as prices are not exactly cheap for this hotel for what you get!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple