“Take away delivered to our boat moored at Dochgarroch Lock”
Review of Taste of China

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taste of China
Ranked #129 of 281 Restaurants in Inverness
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

The local restaurant to Dochgarroch was completely booked and I needed to feed my family (6). I searched Just Eat and called to see if they would in fact deliver to a boat. The lovely lady could not have been more accommodating. I chose from just eat but I ordered directly over the phone. The lady had made notes about my original call and had everything ready to complete my order. It took an hour, as she had warned me, by the food was well packed, piping hot, large portions and delicious. The mixed starter was awesome, 9" munch box is fab. Never seen anything like it but thoroughly recommend. Seaweed was wonderful. The beef with ginger and spring onion.... I love ginger and was not disappointed. The same dish down south has a token gesture of ginger, this had proper slices of fresh ginger. The Hong Kong sweet and sour chicken had water chestnuts and the satay sauce. Oh my goodness, is eat it on toast every day given the chance!! My fussy son even dived into the curry sauce with comes with the munchy box!!!
Anyway, a lot of words to say simply it's delicious with excellent service. Try it!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Great choice and price
Very hot and enjoyable, great flavours
Very polite and helpful
Always ready on time

Reviewed June 5, 2017

I was always a Charlie Chan’s regular until it closed its doors after many years of great service and I was forced to find a new provider. This particular outlet is the closest to where I stay, and has changed hands several times over the years, but I can safely say that the present owners are the best I have experienced. I have had two takeaways over the last couple of weeks and both were excellent. The first was Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion, the second was Lemon Chicken, both with fried rice and a portion of chips. The portion sizes are large, each order enough for two people, and the food was ready by the time I had completed the five minute drive to collect. I would be the first to admit that I can be pretty picky regarding what I put in my mouth but I can highly recommend the Taste of China and it looks like it will become my go to takeaway for Chinese food.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

Hot, fresh, tasty and quick. A1. Will definitely be back. Best Chinese in Inverness and the vicinity.

1  Thank amcgruer
Reviewed November 24, 2016

Good service reasonable price staff helpful and friendly and tasty food plenty of choices in the menu

1  Thank Sheana M