“good seafood”
Review of Nico's Bistro and Bar - CLOSED

Nico's Bistro and Bar
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Scottish, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our in house bar restaurant - Nicky Tam's - offers a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a menu serving traditional Scottish food with the finest local produce, ales and premium spirits... While we have a wide choice of wine by the glass, cocktails, a selection of 80 pure malt whisky and more than 10 Scottish gin... Nicky tam's also offers all the favourite classics such as Steak Pie, Haggis, Burgers, Cullen skink and even more on our specials board. With a mix of granite and wood walls, tartan furniture, burning stoves, the scene is set for a family gathering, relaxing afternoon tea, business meeting or simply catching up with friends to get a away from the stresses of the daily routine. We have a large selection of wine by the glass, cocktails, over 80 pure malt whiskies and more than 10 Scottish gins... Please ask for our drink and whisky list at the bar. Definitely worth a look! Our bar is open all day for drinks and coffee, we serve food from 12 to 2:30pm for lunch and from 5pm until 9pm for dinner. Please note that we open for lunch during the winter on booking only
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“good seafood”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Visited Nico's as we were told thats where we would get seafood in Inverness.So after a lovely walk along the river Ness headed there for lunch which was 2 courses £9.95pp.Had garllc mussels in white sauce for starters . was not very satisfied with the selection of main curse as there was hardly any fish on that, so had to order fish and chips.the other main course we ordered was pork steak with chips and veggies.That was just average.

But the mussels very fresh , large portion and very tasty, same goes for fish and chips, but I was expecting a larger selction of seafood dishes on the main course.Thats something they must improve
Overall good ambience and reasonable lunch.

• Visited April 2013
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.
We work with a local fisherman who provide us with very fresh products! We will have more seafood on the menu very soon with the spring coming... Should you have special request or should you fancy something very unique, please contact us. We will organise it for you.

Yours sincerely,
EM

Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing soup”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently used Nico;s for the first time for a light lunch.
I had what can only be described as the most amazing soup, I am a soup lover and believe
me I'v tried them all, this however was absolutely delicious and came served with warm bread.
I will be going back very soon and highly recommend you try this great place if your looking for lunch as only 5 min walk from the city centre, I think ill be looking at the Dinner menu soon.

1 Thank wilsoncharles777
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience with us.

We're glad that you enjoyed the soup and hope to welcome you soon
for dinner as well.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nevet let me down”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I keep coming back to the Nico for an evening meal. Because I never disappointed with the food! I tried a few and there were always good. The staff very friendly and I like the atmosphere it's so cosy!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SummerMc
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us.

We'r glad that you enjoyed your meal and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Glasgow
“A wonderful dinner”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have spent a lovely evening at the restaurant in a pleasant atmosphere. The rump steak and scampi and were delicious and the staff very nice and service very fast. Next time we come to Inverness we definitely are going to eat at Nico's again. Thank you Glen Mhor.

2 Thank Shaun R
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent meal with us.

We're glad that you enjoyed the dinner and hope to welcome you
back soon.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good steak, interesting puddings. Not cheap.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a very good steak here, and then a really good pudding. It was perhaps a little pricey, particularly the wine.

The dining room at Nico's is pleasant, but they make odd use of it - some of the lights hang pretty low over the tables (or rather, one of the chairs!), and we were quite tightly packed when there was plenty of space elsewhere in the restaurant. The menu is not particularly adventurous (except for the puddings), but my steak was cooked just how I like it, and very tasty. I was a little disappointed with the wine - it was nice enough, but the description in the wine list didn't match the wine very well, and I felt it was over-priced.

A minor quibble was that my steak knife was blunt, but the steak was tender enough that this didn't matter too much!

1 Thank MatthewVernon
glenmhormanager, Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent dinning at Nico's seafood and grill. I'm glad that you enjoyed your steak and thought our desserts are interesting. At Nicos we are introducing a news style of menu that allows us to change and add dishes according to seasons and styles.

Our Head chef and his team are very dedicated in their work and we hope to welcome you again in the future to see the progression being made at Nicos.