“Frosty reception”
Review of Nico's Bistro and Bar - CLOSED

Nico's Bistro and Bar
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Scottish, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our in house bar restaurant - Nicky Tam's - offers a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a menu serving traditional Scottish food with the finest local produce, ales and premium spirits... While we have a wide choice of wine by the glass, cocktails, a selection of 80 pure malt whisky and more than 10 Scottish gin... Nicky tam's also offers all the favourite classics such as Steak Pie, Haggis, Burgers, Cullen skink and even more on our specials board. With a mix of granite and wood walls, tartan furniture, burning stoves, the scene is set for a family gathering, relaxing afternoon tea, business meeting or simply catching up with friends to get a away from the stresses of the daily routine. We have a large selection of wine by the glass, cocktails, over 80 pure malt whiskies and more than 10 Scottish gins... Please ask for our drink and whisky list at the bar. Definitely worth a look! Our bar is open all day for drinks and coffee, we serve food from 12 to 2:30pm for lunch and from 5pm until 9pm for dinner. Please note that we open for lunch during the winter on booking only
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I thought we would enjoy a long lunch at the weekend during a trip to Inverness, and decided to try this restaurant. The decor is well done and we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff, and shown to a lovely little time. Unfortunately it was a little chilly (my husband went back to the car for his jumper) and our waiter not as warm as the member of staff who greeted us. There was an offer on lunch (two courses for £9.95) which was very good value, and the food was very enjoyable, however out overall impression of this restaurant was cold, are long lunch turned into a quick bite and we will not be repeating the experience in a hurry.

glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us.. I am sorry to hear about the cold temperature you found in our Restaurant. The outside temperatures have been very changeable and we do adjust the temperature to accommodate these fluctuations. I will however forward this over to our Maintenance to look into, so I do thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I would also like to thank you for flattering words about the food. We're glad that you enjoyed the food.

We hope that this does not deter you from visiting Nico's at the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I visited here during a flying visit for the Inverness 1/2 marathon. I spotted the restaurant as my husband was running and noticed the offer of the 'early bird' menu - 2 courses for £9.99. we arrived at around 4.15pm and although the restaurant was not open until 5 we were made to feel quite welcome to sit in the hotel lounge and wait.

When the restaurant opened we were welcomed into the lovely restaurant and had a fabulous meal. I had delicious lentil soup with toasted pine nuts as a garnish, my husband had mussels and were both very satisfied. Our main courses, despite a mix up with the menu was equally fantastic.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was very cosy with an intimate feel.

2  Thank Ruth M

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

We're glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and hope to welcome
you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 15, 2013

When visiting Inverness for work commitments I decided to eat at Nico's Seafood and Grill House. The restaurant and staff were very welcoming. Unfortunately the dishes that had tempted me in to dine were not available. However, I was not disapointed as the Catch of the Day dish was delicious very well cooked and presented. I will certainly dine there again when I next visit Inverness.

1  Thank judgev2
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us.

We're glad that you enjoyed your meal with us. Sorry that the meals you fancied run out, we prepare all our food fresh, so sometimes it can happened that one dish runs out but we're glad to hear that you also liked the alternative.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

on visiting nicos during our stay at the glen mhor hotel we were made to feel very welcome by the staff especially our waiter who was very attentive,the food on offer was great value for money and both course we had were excellent.
the restuarant itself is very nice and very ambient just the ticket for those wishing to unwind after a busy week ,i would recommended nicos seafood and grill house highly as its well worth a visit if you are either from the highlands or like us just visiting
kind regards
gary finlayson
broughty ferry,dundee

2  Thank Gary F
glenmhormanager, General Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent meal with us.

We're glad that you enjoyed your meal and will forward your positive comments.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I believe they have a new chef...he is out to impress! Dishes were excellent - all the food was nicely prepared and tasted great. Staff service was very friendly and competent.

4  Thank buzzer64
glenmhormanager, Manager at Nico's Bistro and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your review, glad that you enjoyed your experience at Nico's seafood and grill house. hope too see you again soon.

Food and Beverage manager