“Attractive location, but don't go if you're in a hurry”

The Kitchen Brasserie
Ranked #13 of 259 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I had been to The Kitchen previously for lunch and found it pleasant enough, but hadn't rushed to go back. When my friend suggested it for an evening out, I was happy enough and booked a table upstairs with a river view. The river views are one of the restaurant's strong points, so when we arrived and were offered an alternative table downstairs, looking out onto parked cars and with passers-by looking in at us, I was a bit disappointed. We stayed there for a drink while our table was made ready, but moved as soon as we were able. Upstairs, though, it takes the staff a bit longer to get to you and the drink, even longer. Our bottle of wine and three glasses sat on the bar across from us for a good twenty minutes until my friends asked the barman if she could just take it! No member of staff had been near it in the meantime and we had had our starters and moved onto the main courses. The food was enjoyable and my sea bass done to a turn and was reasonably priced. It was just a pity we had to wait so long for it, especially as the restaurant seemed to be quieter now than it had been when we came in. On the plus side, the long wait and fair portion size meant we had space for dessert. If you are happy to wait and string out your evening between courses, looking out over the River Ness, then you can have a good night at The Kitchen.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

On our second visit here we turned up at short notice with 4 teenagers and despite it being peak summer and the restaurant heaving they found us a great table. The restuarant is bright and modern with fantastic views of the river from the second and third floors but even on the ground floor you get a great sense of the river views. The menu was fresh and imaginative with great choices and the food was as brilliant as I remember. The staff were friendly and made us feel very welcomed and relaxed. A great venue for couples and families. We will go again.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

I had a dinner in this restaurant the first night of my stay in Inverness.I was tired from my trip but I forgot everything here.Staff was very kind to find a table though restaurant was almost full and I didn't have a reservation.I ate salmon which was delicious.
The view in front of the river is magnificent.I highly reccomend THE KITCHEN.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Too busy to get a table on the night we wanted but managed to get a table for another night.

We went for their early evening menu. Limited choice of menu but I was not stuck for choice, but if you were they were more than happy to let you pull in dishes from the full dinner menu (at extra cost obviously). We were more than happy with the starter and main that we chose. Very nice dishes, well presented and very tasty. Free glass of house red each encouraged us to purchase a bottle, which was a very resonable Syrah.

Our table was on the top floor, with the glass walls open. It was a hot night - I think the ground floor may get pretty sweaty! The top floor has great views over the river towards the castle too.
Service was faultless.

A very enjoyable meal out.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Table for 6 with super views over River Ness. Food was excellent with good sized portions all delivered by cheery staff who looked happy in their work. Nice choice of wine which we consumed in copious amounts. Always enjoy my visits here and also to its sister restaurant, The Mustard Seed.