“The simplest of things are sometimes the best”

The Kitchen Brasserie
Ranked #14 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We booked for a Saturday night and got seated on the ground floor, great tasting simple food which is well cooked, our steak was cooked perfectly, which can be hard to come by these days. The service was attentive and friendly and the bill was reasonable too, already planning our next visit and will heartily recommend to our friends and family.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Visited the Kitchen last Friday evening in a group of 5 girlfriends. On arrival we were told our table wasnt ready and could we sit for 5 mins which we did. Taken up to our table, we were sat at the top of the restaurant directly beside another table of 5. We all remarked how strange to be squashed in beside another table when the rest of the floor was empty! The bench I was sat on was low and uncomfortable. Not that warm either. The waitress was very polite and pleasant but service was slow as she seemed to be training another waitress. The menu we were given was the "grazing" menu between 3 & 5pm. The starters were reasonable but the mains were very overpriced for a menu served between those hours and there wasnt a great deal of choice. 3 of us settled on the chicken dish which was £14.95 for a butterflied chicken breast with mash and very little else! Also, there was no cutlery laid on the table, we were given a bucket with cutlery and paper napkins in it!! Surely for £14.95 you'd expect cutlery to be on the table??!! One of our party fancied coffee with a small piece of fudge or something after and was told they didnt do that but the nice waitress took us all an After 8 from her own packet, thank you!! I probably would have reviewed better had it not been so pricey. Will go elsewhere for a better, cheaper meal.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Came across the Kitchen Brasserie on a half term visit to Inverness as we were staying at the Premier Inn almost next door. Popped in on the off chance to take advantage of the Early Diner offer and was offered one of the last free tables. Great choice, great quality menu and lovely,m efficient staff. The restaurant has a great atmosphere so no wonder it was full on a Tuesday night in October! Would be a great venue for a family/friends get together. Will certainly be back and would recommend to others without a doubt.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Was very much looking forward to a meal here at the weekend.
We booked based on the pre-theatre menu as we were attending a performance at Eden Court. (£11.95 for 2 courses plus surcharges)
The food was okay and the service good, except that my chair was knocked into a number of times! I suspect this has more to do with table layout rather than service however.
When we arrived we were advised that the Rump steak on the menu had been replaced by a minute steak sandwich (which was detailed on the regular menu, albeit with a different sauce). This was not an issue as we were happy to have the sandwich as an alternative which three of the party opted for. We were put off by the waitress when we asked for an extra portion of fries and were asked if we were sure?! (Yes, we were hungry) But then we were further disappointed when presented with the bill and finding out that we had been charged a £3 (x3) surcharge for rump steak. Feeling this was surely a mistake, I queried with the waitress who took the bill away again. Upon her return she advised she'd spoken to her manager who said this was indeed correct. Now, I wouldn't have minded paying a surcharge had we eaten rump steak, but it was minute steak & a sandwich at that, which even on the regular menu would only have cost £7.95; hardly the deal that a rump would have been! All in all I was thoroughly disappointed and will think twice before eating here again.

1  Thank MrsLMcB
KitchenRest, Manager at The Kitchen Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Customer

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent visit to The Kitchen Brasserie.

The night of your visit was indeed a very busy evening with lots of groups going to the theatre. This could have made things a bit more cramped and I apologise for this.

We really felt that the supplement of £1.95 for the steak sandwich, which is normally £8.95, was reasonable as part of the 2 course Evening menu. Due to the popularity of the switch we are in fact considering replacing it more permanently on our menus.

That having been said the supplement should have been explained to you more fully upon ordering and given that it was not I would happily have waived it had your discontent been brought to my attention.

I sincerely hope that you will reconsider coming back to dine with us again in the future.

Anything you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact me at the restaurant.

Best Regards

Lee Cameron

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was one of my favorite dining experiences in the UK. Our waitress was a very polite lady. We ordered a mini burger appetizer, which I reccommend. Then, I ordered a mushrooms risotto. This meal was unforgettable and the reastaurant atmosphere helps making this experience being amazing.
This restaurant has all my praises.

1  Thank Amcl0710