“SUPERB FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE”

The Kitchen Brasserie
Ranked #30 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited the Mustard Seed the sister resturant last year we loved it and tried to book again on Wednesday for Saturday night unfortunately it was fully booked so we went for the Kitchen we were pleasantly surprised on entry we were given a very warm welcome and shown to our table no pressure to get our order in, the manager came and introduced himself and we chatted for a minute or so, he is very proud of his resturant. We went for the early evening 2 course meal, starters were out in no time my wife had the brocclli and stilton soup I had a pork dish with pistachio nuts & pickle with rocket very tasty, we followed this with a superb rump steak cooked to perfection, we had to decline the sweet menu as we had more than enough to eat including our drinks the bill came to a little over £30 great value like Arnie says we will be back

Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I cannot believe I have never known about this place or noticed it. Sister restaurant to the Mustard Seed !!! Gosh I must have been walking around with my eyes shut as it is pretty obvious now I have seen it lol!!! My Fiance and I arrived 5 mins before closing one lunch time last week. We offered to go somewhere else so not to hold them back as we didn't realise they stopped serving at 3pm. But no we were welcomed in and shown to a lovely table. We were served with smiling faces and enthusiasm even though I am sure they would all have wanted to be going home. The food was excellent as was the service, setting, views, wine and atmosphere.. Highly recommend a visit. And not to mention what a bargain it was, 2 courses for £6.95 and a loyalty card!!! We will definately be visiting often. We are hoping also to visit one of the groups other places when we are in St Andrews next weekend.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was a last minute decision to go to this restaurant, as we were over on this side of the river thought we would give it a go when we saw lunch at a special price. We expected two small portions, but here we were surprised as the courses were off a good size beautifully presented and best o f all very tasty. We will certainly return.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had been to The Kitchen's sister restaurant across the river last year and were looking forward to dining here.

We were on the top floor and a nice table by the window. The staff were really friendly and took plenty time to explain the specials. As a vegetarian I thought the choice was great and something different to what you're usually offered.

The food was excellent and a great wine selection and will definetly be back in the summer when we can sit out on a warm night overlooking the river.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I ate here last night 5/2/13 had the sirloin steak, it was pretty tasty, nice veg and all well cooked.

Good selection of food on the menu. Great views from the first floor across the river ness, nice seating arrangements upstairs.

Would be good for couples.