“Wish we could have stayed longer”

Ardentorrie Guesthouse
Ranked #19 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We found Ardentorrie by researching guest houses on Tripadvisor. I must say that it was one of the very best places we stayed (price/quality quotient) on our 2 week trip to Scotland. The House was convenient to the train station and centrally located on the hill above town so the views are really spectacular. Our room overlooked the Castle and the River Ness. Breakfast was great. We could not have asked for a more delightful experience. Alfie, the black lab, is a gracious host, as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne E

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very friendly and helpfully, nothing to much trouble, amazing views across Inverness and great location for the city Center but still nice and quiet, will defiantly return, the breack fast was the best we had on this trip round scotland,

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William K
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We found the Ardentorrie Guest House by chance and it was a lucky punch! Wonderful rooms for a great price and perfectly located for activities in the city (but also situated in a very quiet area). Breakfast was delicious and the terrace overlooking the castle is great. We would come back anytime again!

By the way, the restaurant at the hotel nearby is also recommended for evening meals.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the castle!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley-Leila
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at Ardentorrie. It was my second visit to this guest house, I had a room on the first floor overlooking the road. Despite telephoning in advance to let the owner know my time of arrival, there was no answer at the door (after waiting for some time I walked to the hotel over the road and they called the guest house owner for me).

The room I had was a family room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed with an en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet. The room was immaculately clean and of modern decoration. However, I found the mattress to be extremely uncomfortable and the pillows were very thin. I found it very difficult to sleep due to the sound of footsteps going up and down the wooden staircase outside my bedroom door and lots of guests leaving and talking very loudly at 3am! I could even hear the front door slam from my bedroom which was quite a distance away. The staircase down to the breakfast room was carpeted so why not the whole staircase to make the house quieter?

There was a breakfast menu in your room which was a case of tick what you wanted and state what time you wanted breakfast. I requested Porridge on the first morning, this wasn't provided nor was the range of cereals offered to me. The cooked breakfast was substantial and tasty and the breakfast room overlooked Inverness Castle. Checking Out of the guest house was quick and easy, beware of the £2.00 additional charge for any card payment which there is a notice on the wall explaining this.

A few improvements to the guest house such as new pillows, assessment of the mattresses for comfort (I spent the 2nd night in the single bed which was better) and carpeting the whole staircase would make this a more pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Skeldergate
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Well I have to say that Kate, Willie and Alfie made me feel very welcome in their beautiful guest house. My room was excellent, luxury an understatement. En Suite was just that. So fresh and clean. Very comfortable bed. Tv, wifi all worked. Not the case in many places. Breakfast was out of this world! I had the full works and struggled on one occasion to get through it. Absolutely delicious. If you require early breakfast or need help with anything, just ask. I was totally left to my days, but if I needed anything, there was always someone around to ask for help.

All in all a superb place to stay. So much so that I'm going back soon for another taste of Ardentorries luxury.

Thankyou Kate, Willie and Alfie -

Room Tip: Ground floor room perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

have stayed here many times. Clean, warm, very friendly and a good breakfast. Handy for all the attractions in Inverness plus the shops
Rooms are nicely decorated and things like tissues, chocs and bottled water are supplied,

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the castle
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed at thi palce overnight during a 2 day trip from Edinburgh. The B&B manager was nice and welcoming. The staff that cooked breakfast was very pleasant. The room that we got was facing the street but it was ok. It was nothing special but it was roomy and cozy. The bed was comfortable. The B&B was quiet. No street noise or noise inside the B&B. The location is fantastic. It is within short walking distance to the river and many restaurants and shops. The breakfast was pretty good. The place where they serve breakfast is nice. Itt has a door that goes out to a patio overlooking the castle.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple