“Rather tired”
Review of The Farmhouse

The Farmhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wick
The Farmhouse
Ranked #6 of 6 Specialty Lodging in Wick
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I suppose you can't expect too much for £50 for B&B for two, but we did not enjoy staying at the Farmhouse, largely because we had to share the facilities, in particular the bathroom, with the owner. The breakfast was also rather ordinary and greasy. We found many much better B&Bs for just a title more (£60). It's a shame the experience wasn't better because the location is lovely; remote and quiet. A tip for the owner: not everyone likes dogs so please don't try to get everyone to warm to your pet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I chose this B&B as I found it very difficult to get some cheap accomodation in around the John O'Groats area. I had finished my LEJOG ride at 17.00 and after a few beers at the seaview hotel I rode the couple of miles back to the B&B. The B&B is set in some lovely settings and is about 12 miles from Wick. There is nothing near the local area other than farm animals but there are lovely views of the North sea. The single room I had was very small but more than adequate with the shower being downstairs. You do feel that you are living in there living quarters but I found the owners to be very pleasant and accomodating. Due to having to leave early I did not try the breakfast. Would reccomend anyone who is doing LEJOG to stay there as the Seaview hotel is twice the price. Only problem with the location is that there is no nearby pubs!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Gasman6331
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Lovely setting, friendly but basic breakfast, had to live in the middle of the owner's living space and tea, coffee etc. not topped up everyday. Very comfortable and clean. Just a little more attention to guests would have made a difference and we did get locked out one night at 10pm.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Pam B
Reviewed July 7, 2011

From the moment we arrived her acidic 'wit' and sarcasum split over, insulting my PA who booked the night and was unnecessarily dismissively rude about her.
A "Lady" and her poodle husband who moved from Oxford (Bristolian accents) "to get out of the rat race",had us open mouthed when they "welcomed" us.
It was early evening, we were tired, and no option but to put up and shut up.
Couldn't make edible porridge, which was a big deal in the first place for them to make, no honey.

Room Tip: Don't go at all