“Lovely Place”
Review of The Inn at Y-Not

The Inn at Y-Not
Ranked #7 of 19 Thurso B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here as I was on business in Thurso, it was lovely, really clean and comfortable, and the service was friendly and efficient. I had breakfast the next morning and it was delicious. I was very pleased to have chosen the Y-Not inn and would again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and I enjoyed a lovely cooked veggie breakfast.
Very good value for money. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Very clean and well maintained room , with nice breakfast and very friendly staff.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable place to stay for a night or two. As a base where all that is needed is a bed for the night then you could do no better. Welcoming and friendly staff. It is very central. The food is basic but wholesome and breakfast is from 8 till 5!! I am unlikely to visit Thurso again - it is pretty grim but if I were then I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed here for 1 night. Friendly staff,comfortable bedroom with very good shower. Bar meal was excellent- I didn't stay for breakfast as I caught an early morning train. Would happily stay here again !

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just recently spent a week in this hotel. Room was excellent, lovely en-suit with a good shower. Food was great... I would have no problem recommending a stay here.. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good parking.. Bed was comfortable and a good size TV in room. *****

Keith

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Inn is not only a great place to stay but a great Inn, with great staff and great food. The cooked breakfast was massive and set us up for the day. We had a room at the top which was exactly as it was in the picture, very comfortable and the bathroom/shower was top of the range.
My only concern was that I had my 94 year old mother with me and the amount of stairs was daunting for her. When I mentioned this, the staff opened up the top bar door so she didn't have to go out and round to get to breakfast which was really kind.
having visited the area many time, will definitely stay again, but perhaps specify a lower floor if I have anyone elderly with me!

Room Tip: Rooms 5 & 6 require a lot of steps to climb without a lift
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

As I spend a fair amount of my time travelling around Scotland i have stayed in many places...

Some good some bad and some down right ugly! This however is very comfortable with wifi in the room and a fantastic shower!! Beware though shower very hard to get out of especially if you were in the bar trying to work your way through the very large selection of drinks on offer!!

Highly recommended!!