Castle Arms Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsnew ownersjohn o'groatsred wine piesmoked plattergills bayevening mealsmall hotelnext morninglovely mealrecommend this hotel to anyoneday triplocal produceorkney ferrymain buildingbooked a tablefish and chipswarm welcome
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I took my mother out for Mothers day this evening after having eaten there in November and having had a super meal, once again the service was perfect and the food was beautiful, I highly recommend this hotel for a meal. I must also add the lighting is now perfect on my previous visit I thought the lighting was a touch on the bright side. Keep up the great work guys.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LizaFreswick
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Over the new year period we were in Caithness looking at a house we wished to buy. We found ourselves at a loose end at Hogmanay and a local recommended we visit The Castle Arms at Mey. We got in touch at rather a late stage but we found the owners to be accommodating and they booked us in for the festivities without fuss nor bother and warmly welcomed us when we arrived.

We ate a very good three course meal, drank an excellent bottle of wine and then retired to the lounge to enjoy the Hogmanay celebrations. We had a cracking night and enjoyed ourselves so much we returned two days later for another meal!

If you want good food served in a warm and friendly atmosphere, look no further than The Castle Arms at Mey.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mey_House
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Well worth a visit if exploring this area. Very warm welcome even though we arrived about 1pm. Room cosy and electric blanket already on! Plenty of biscuits,tea and coffee [ and teapot] in the room. Food was delicious and especially enjoyed the 'scottish' breakfasts. The party on New Years Eve with locals and visiters, was great fun. We hope to visit again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennifer j
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband & i popped into Castle Arms in Mey today for a drink and ended up staying for a meal. I must say I'm not usually a burger person but was advised to try one,I was not disappointed the burger came with bacon & blue cheese on top,proper chips & a lovely salad,our whole experience was outstanding,highly rec and we will definitely be going back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Alibruc
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stopped by for lunch recently, and what a nice pleasant surprise, everything was perfect.
good food and excellent coffee, all served in a newly decorated dining room.
Well worth a stop when your in the area.

Room Tip: You could easily miss this little gem, look out for it very near to The Castle of Mey....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple